Enjoy this True Blue Raspberry Sherbet for a light and refreshing treat that the whole family will love! It is dairy free, gluten free and has just 6 ingredients.
If you follow a dairy-free diet or are just trying to eat less dairy, I have a treat for you today.
I am excited to be sharing the launch of my friend Alisa Fleming’s latest book with you! Eat Dairy Free is THE resource you need to follow a dairy-free lifestyle.
This beautiful book has 110 delicious recipes (including this True Blue Raspberry Sherbet), all of which have thoroughly tested options for Gluten-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, and Soy-Free.
Vegan? No problem! Eighty-four of the recipes are vegan, and half of those that aren’t vegan could be made with vegan meat alternatives.
One look at the beautiful full-color photos and you will realize that a dairy-free lifestyle does not have to mean sacrifice!
I love that the book focuses on real food. There are no store-bought dairy substitutes needed. This means that you don’t need to go to three different stores to hunt for dairy-free cheese, sour cream or other specialty alternatives. Alisa has even included a super-easy recipe for homemade milk beverage.
Adopting a new way of eating can be a daunting task, and it is so easy to get overwhelmed. Alisa has your back with her approachable, everyday recipes that will keep your body nourished and appetite satisfied. As a busy mom, I appreciate both the fast and easy recipes and the make-ahead options.
Special bonuses include menu plans, ingredient primer, and quick reference allergen / special diet charts preceding each chapter.
So many of the recipes look amazing! A few standouts that I can’t wait to try include:
- True Blue Raspberry Sherbet (recipe below)
- Easy Chicken Alfredo
- Mexican Chocolate Almond Stacks
- Asian Five-Spice Meatball Soup
- Better with Bacon Fried Rice
- Double Chocolate Mint Chip Ice Cream
- Chinese K-Runch Salad
- Hot ‘N’ Spicy Sesame Noodles
- Mushroom-Pesto Pizza
- Sneaky Mexican Cabbage Rolls
- Caramelize Onion & Mushroom Saute’
- Creamed Cabbage
- Bacon Baked Brussels
…I could go on, but you get the idea!
Whether you are dairy-free or just interested in eating healthy, you are going to want to check out Eat Dairy Free!
If you like this True Blue Raspberry Sherbet You May Also Like:
Recommended Tools to Make this Raspberry Sherbet:
True Blue Raspberry Sherbet
Everywhere I turn, food manufacturers are adding “blue raspberry” to their flavor lineups. Since it is nothing more than blue food coloring and sugar, I decided to create this sweet and lightly creamy dessert that highlights the taste of all-natural blue(berry)-raspberry.
- 3/4 to 1 cup blueberries optionally pureed and strained
- 3/4 to 1 cup raspberry puree about 8 ounces raspberries, pureed and strained
- 14 ounces full-fat coconut milk or coconut cream
- 1/2 cup sugar can substitute agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum or guar gum optional, to help prevent ice crystals
- Put the berries, puree, coconut milk or cream, sugar, lemon juice, and gum (if using) in your blender and blend until smooth.
- Refrigerate the berry mixture for at least 1 hour. Ensure that you have frozen the insert for your ice cream maker for at least 24 hours, if directed in the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Churn the berry mixture in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Pack the soft sherbet into a freezer-safe container and freeze for several hours or overnight for hard-packed ice cream. If it becomes too solid, let it sit at room temperature for 10 minutes before scooping.