This Tzatziki Sauce is a delicious way to liven up any meal! It is fabulous with sandwiches, raw veggies and grilled meats. A healthy and delicious sauce that the whole family will love.
Once upon a time if you had asked me my favorite food, you might have gotten sour cream as the answer. I know it sounds crazy for a "healthy" food blogger, but I have a deep love for all things creamy.
Luckily for me though the years I've learned some hacks to get my sour cream consumption under control.
Like today's recipe for Tzatziki Sauce, most of them involve Greek Yogurt.
I am not the hugest fan of plain Greek yogurt in its native state...but give me a few minutes with it and I'm always singing another tune. It is so easy to transform into a delicious sauce regardless of what type of dish you are making.
You have probably had Tzatziki sauce before, very likely on a Gyro. (My favorite!)
But it isn't just for Gyros! I love it as a dip for raw veggies, on any kind of wraps and soon I'll be sharing some zucchini fritters that it pairs beautifully with.
I typically shred my cucumber because I'm not a fan of big cucumber chunks, but feel free to dice yours into larger pieces if you want.
- 1 cucumber seeded and finely chopped
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill chopped or 4 drops dill essential oil
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Place chopped cucumber in a strainer and sprinkle well with salt. Allow to sit over a bowl for 30 minutes. With a clean dish cloth gently squeeze out excess moisture.
- In a medium bowl combine cucumber, yogurt, lemon juice, dill garlic and salt. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.