My boys have had many different kinds of quinoa cookies. These White Chocolate Cranberry Quinoa Cookies remain a favorite.
I've spoken many, many times about what picky eaters my boys are. My oldest is so picky that often he won't touch the "healthier" cookies that I make.
And most of the time when he does love something, his brother is less than enthusiastic. (Add to that the toddler who won't eat anything....)
Being a Mama is hard work, isn't it? To say that they can be a little hard on my ego and confidence is a bit of an understatement.
I always breath a sigh of relief when I find something - even a dessert - that they all like.
These White Chocolate Cranberry Quinoa Cookies were a hit around our house. Gluten Free and easily made vegan with Vegan White Chocolate, I hope these are a hit at your house too.
White Chocolate Cranberry Quinoa Cookies
- 2 eggs or flax eggs 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds + 6 tablespoons warm water
- 1 cup blanched almonds
- 1 cup quinoa flakes
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup almond butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- ¼ cup applesauce
- ¼ cup maple syrup or other liquid sweetener
- ¼ cup coconut palm sugar or other sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup white chocolate chips (If you are vegan you will need to search for vegan white chocolate
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Link a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- If using flax eggs, combine organic ground flax seeds with 6 tablespoons warm water. Set aside.
- In a food processor combine almonds and quinoa flakes and process until ground. Place in a large bowl and add baking soda and salt. Stir until well combined. In a separate bowl beat eggs if using. Combine (flax) egg, almond butter, coconut oil, apple sauce, maple syrup, sugar and vanilla. Mix well and slowly add to the quinoa mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and cranberries.
- Drop cookies onto parchment paper using a tablespoon measure. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until lightly golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Move to cooling rack and cool completely.
I've never tried quinoa in my cookies before! Neat!