It would seem that I am on a major zucchini kick these days. Don’t blame me…blame the garden!It is impossible to see all of those beautiful zucchini sitting there and not be tempted to create recipes with them.
Today I made you Zucchini Fritters with Feta…isn’t this a fun way to use up some of summers bounty?
I know there has been a lot of feta around here lately, so if you don’t love Feta, feel free to substitute another soft cheese. (I just choose feta because I had some on hand from when I made this zucchini quinoa salad. I’m really trying to do better with my grocery budget and buying a jillion different cheeses throws me off course. )
Zucchini Fritters with Feta
- 2 medium or 1 large zucchini grated
- 1 teaspoon sea salt divided
- 3 ounces feta optional
- 4 scallions sliced thin
- 1 jalapeño seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped chives
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour blend
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Oil for frying
- Tzatziki Sauce for serving
- Place zucchini in a colander placed over a plate. Sprinkle well with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and allow to sit for 20 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine zucchini, feta, scallions, jalapeno, chives and garlic. Stir to combine and then add egg, flour, baking powder, remaining salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Using 1/4 cup measure, drop mounds into hot oil. Press to flatten. Cook 3-4 minutes per side, until crisp, adding more oil as needed. Drain on paper towels and serve with Tzatziki sauce.