If you are looking for a crave-worthy low carb meal, this Zucchini Ravioli Recipe with Chicken fits the bill! It is a low-carb twist on a classic you love. Cheesy, creamy and flavor-packed - you won't miss the pasta in this delicious keto-friendly recipe.
I've always loved ravioli, and these days, I am obsessed with these Zucchini Ravioli.
Rich, creamy and totally indulgent, this Ravioli is special enough for date night.
Give it a try and I think you will agree - this one is a keeper!
Ingredients Needed for Zucchini Ravioli
- Zucchini: Choose zucchini that are about 6-8 inches long for this recipe. If they are much larger, the zucchini will be more difficult to work with.
- Ricotta Cheese: Use whole milk ricotta cheese for the creamiest filling.
- Parmesan Cheese: Grate your own parmesan cheese for the best flavor.
- Egg: The egg will help bind the filling together.
- Italian Seasoning: This adds a nice depth of flavor to the filling.
- Salt: Be sure to salt your noodles and your filling.
- Pepper: Add pepper to taste.
- Marinara Sauce: Use your favorite marinara or pasta sauce. I have made this with my Cream Cheese Tomato Sauce and Crockpot Marinara - both work well.
- Gruyere Cheese: Gruyere cheese is a nice, creamy cheese that melts well.
- Instead of using the ricotta mixture, try using pesto for the filling. Sun-dried tomato pesto is especially delicious!
- For an extra kick, add a tablespoon of minced garlic (to taste) and ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper to the ricotta mixture.
- Top with marinara in place of the Creamy Tomato Sauce. Use this Slow Cooker Marinara or Keto Marinara.
- Make vegetarian by omitting the chicken.
Do You Need Special Equipment to Make Zucchini Ravioli?
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualified salaes.
A vegetable peeler is very helpful to make, but you can also slice the zucchini with a very sharp knife.
If you happen to have a KitchenAid Stand Mixer, the KitchenAid Sheet Peeler is amazing. (But completely optional.)
Can You Make This Ahead?
Yes, Zucchini Ravioli can be made up to one day ahead and then baked just before cooking.
You can reheat leftovers in the oven or microwave, however, you can expect the dish to be a bit more watery than it originally was.
Does This Freeze?
Unlike many vegetables, zucchini do not freeze well at all. I do not recommend freezing this recipe.
How Many Carbs are in Zucchini Ravioli?
Tools for Making This Recipe
- Vegetable Peeler or KitchenAid Vegetable Sheet Cutter (and KitchenAid Mixer)
- Medium Baking Dish
- Medium Bowl
How to Make Zucchini Ravioli
First, gather all of your ingredients.
Preheat the oven. Spray dish with avocado oil. (Or other high-heat oil.)
Combine the filling ingredients and stir until blended
Make your “noodles,” by slicing two sides of the zucchini lengthwise to create flat sides
Use a vegetable peeler to slice them into strips. Salt the strips and let them sit on paper towels for 20 minutes to remove excess water.
Lay two strips side by side, so that they overlap lengthwise.
Do the same thing with two more noodles on top, perpendicular to the first strips.
Add about a tablespoon of filling to the center of the zucchini.
Working one side at a time, bring the ends of the strips together to fold over the center.
Place the ravioli seam side down in a baking dish.
Pour sauce over the top.
Top with Gruyere cheese.
Bake for 20 minutes.
More Low Carb Recipes to Try
- Spanish Cauliflower Rice is a flavor-packed keto alternative to rice, that will surprise you at how delicious is is! I like to serve it with tacos, or as a side to grilled meat.
- This Air Fryer Chicken Breast Recipe is crispy and full of flavor! Even my picky kids love this one.
- When you are craving something rich and creamy, this Zucchini Alfredo really hits the spot.
- Vegetable Peeler
- 8 x 8 Baking Dish
- Mixing Bowls
- 3 medium zucchini
- 4 ounces finely shredded cooked chicken
- 6 ounces whole milk ricotta cheese
- 4 ounces Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt plus more for salting the noodles
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 ½ cups marinara I used Creamy Tomato Sauce
- 3 ounces Gruyere cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a medium baking dish with avocado oil.
- To make the “noodles,” slice two sides of the zucchini lengthwise, creating flat sides. Use a vegetable peeler to slice each zucchini into flat strips.
- Lay the zucchini slices on paper towels. Liberally salt the surface and allow to sit for at least 20 minutes. Used paper towels to blot away the excess moisture.
- Make the filling by combining chicken, ricotta, Parmesan, egg, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Stir until combined
- Lay two strips of zucchini noodles side by side, so that they overlap lengthwise. Do the same with two more noodles on top, perpendicular to the first strips.
- Add about a tablespoon of filling to the center of the zucchini. Working one side at a time, bring the ends of the strips together to fold over the center.
- Turn the ravioli over and place in a baking dish seam-side down.
- Pour sauce over ravioli and top with Gruyere cheese. Bake for 20 minutes.
More Great Keto Zucchini Recipes:
- Pizza Bites are such an easy low carb appetizer! You won't believe how tasty these little morsels are.
- Craving a wrap but trying to watch your carbs? These tortillas are perfection.