This Gluten-Free Gnocchi with Broccoli, Sage & Parmesan is an easy to make dish that is good enough for company. With sage, Parmesan and walnuts, you’ve got a simple vegetarian dish packed with flavor. Easily made vegan by substituting Earth Balance and vegan Parmesan.
I feel like I owe you an apology for this recipe.
Not because it isn’t a good one, but because I’ve taken so long to share it with you.
Guys, I made this in February, and it has been sitting in my WordPress dashboards waiting to be published.
It has been that kind of year. The kind of year where you say “Holy crap, Septemeber is almost half over, I guess I should try to complete my January to-do list.”
This post started when the folks at Cappello’s offered to send me some of their products to try.
I fell in love instantly!
All of their products are paleo-friendly, which is nice. What I love is that they are some of the best gluten free pasta I’ve ever had and they don’t leave me with that stuffed carb-y pasta feeling.
In addition to Gnocchi, I adore their lasagna noodles and their fettuccine. You can see some recipes where I’ve used them below.
- 12 ounces gluten-free Gnocchi (I used Cappello's)
- 1 head broccoli, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or Earth Balance
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/4 cup sage, chopped
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 ounces fresh Parmesan, grated or vegan parmesan
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions, adding broccoli in the last two minutes. Drain.
- Heat butter and oil in a medium skillet to medium heat. Add sage, walnuts, salt and pepper. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Toss butter mixture with gnocchi. Toss with Parmesan and serve.
A special thanks to Cappello’s for sending me a big box of their products and allowing me to fall in love.