Quinoa salad recipes are my go to meals when I’m short on time and trying to eat healthy. Often I will make a huge quinoa salad on Sunday afternoon, not for a meal that day but to have in the fridge during the week. That way if I get busy I can grab a quick meal and still stay on track with eating healthy.
There is something that I find especially filling about quinoa salad with black beans, and since reading Eat to Live I have been making a big effort to get more legumes in my diet. So I was really excited to see a Fiesta Quinoa Salad with black beans in my latest cookbook acquisition, Blissful Bites: Vegan Meals That Nourish Mind, Body, and Planet.
Of course, the combination of quinoa, black beans, pepper, tomatoes and cilantro is nothing new to any of us. But the dressing on this dish really stands out – I loved the tamari, maple syrup and apple cider vinegar combo.
If you are new to cooking quinoa and need help cooking it, you may want to check out this post on how to cook quinoa. To get the three cups of quinoa that this recipe calls for, you will need one cup of dried quinoa.
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup corn, thawed
- 1 ½ cups black beans
- ¼ cup yellow pepper
- ¼ cup tomatoes, diced
- ¼ cup cilantro
- ½ teaspoon Pure Himalayan Salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons Organic Ground Cumin Seed
- 2 teaspoons Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 3 tablespoons Tamari Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
- In a large bowl combine quinoa, corn, black beans, yellow pepper, tomatoes and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl combine lime zest, lime juice, cumin powder, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder tamari, maple syrup and apple cider vinegar. Whisk until well combined.
- Toss quinoa salad with 3/4 of dressing and serve warm or cold. Drizzle additional dressing on top as desired.
Recipe adapted from Blissful Bites: Vegan Meals That Nourish Mind, Body, and Planet (A super-amazing healthy Vegan cookbook that is also very beautiful.)