If you are looking for a healthy and delicious lunch option, try these Waldorf Quinoa Salad Wraps. They are gluten free & vegetarian with a vegan option.
If you are looking for something different for lunch, these Waldorf Quinoa Salad Wraps are something that you may want to try.
Although most days I have a salad for lunch, sometimes I am in the mood for something different. Usually, on these days, my go-to lunch is a wrap of some sort.
I have always loved wraps.
A few years back, when I was writing my second book, I got the idea of doing a chapter on quinoa wraps and sandwiches.
I had completely forgotten about this. A month or so ago, I discovered the chapter while searching for something in my Dropbox account. How someone can have no memory of creating that many recipes is beyond me. I blame pregnancy brain. (I was pregnant with Skye while writing the book.)
After I started looking through the files and realized that most of these recipes have never been shared online.
If you have never tried a quinoa wrap, you really should give it a try. (Assuming you like quinoa.) I know it sounds a little strange, but we put rice in burritos all the time. So why not quinoa in a wrap?
This is a fun riff on a Waldorf Salad, and it is one I think you will like. It is super-easy to make vegan if you choose. (I was actually vegan at the time.)
If You Like These Waldorf Quinoa Salad Wraps, You May Also Like:
- Avocado Pesto Chicken Salad Wraps
- Grilled Vegetable Quinoa Salad Wraps
- Black Bean, Feta & Avocado Quinoa Wrap with Avocado-Tahini Dressing
- The Ultimate Veggie Quinoa Burrito
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil)
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 – ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon sea salt Filling
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- ½ cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 Granny Smith Apple, chopped
- ¾ cup celery, chopped
- 1 ½ cups red seedless grapes, halved
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese – regular or non-dairy (optional)
- 3 cups mixed greens
- 3 tablespoons tofu mayo, Veganaise or mayo
- 6 gluten free or whole wheat wraps
- Combine chia seeds and water and stir well. Allow to sit for 10 minutes to thicken. (Skip this step if you are using olive oil.)
- In a small bowl combine chia gel or oil, rice wine vinegar, lemon juice, cayenne pepper,
saltand pepper. Whisk well until combined.
- In a large bowl combine quinoa, toasted walnuts, apple, celery, grapes and blue cheese. Toss with dressing. Taste and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat wraps in a large dry skillet for a minute or two per side, or until pliable.
½tablespoon of mayonnaise on each wrap and top with greens and quinoa mixture. Fold the ends in and wrap. Cut in half and serve.