This Almond Butter Quinoa Granola is a great healthy way to start your day that even your kids will love. Gluten Free and Vegetarian
I case you haven't been around here for long; I though you should probably know that I'm quirky when it comes to food.
Here are five examples.
- I once ate salad for breakfast every day for a year.
- The following year I had a veggie wrap every day for breakfast.
- I don't eat seafood.
- Or Pork.
- And in case you didn't get the idea from points one and two, I don't like most breakfast food. Except for egg sandwiches. Egg Sandwiches are good.
The only other exception I make to the rule is granola.
My love affair from granola began as a child. It is still going strong despite my discovery that the granola I grew up on wasn't exactly health food.
Although I've found a few brands of gluten free granola that I love, most of the time these days you will find me making my granola. This Almond Butter Quinoa Granola is yummy, healthy and the perfect breakfast food.
Even for this quirky girl.
Almond Butter Quinoa Granola
- ½ cup natural almond butter I love Justin's
- ¼ cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup grandular sweetener of choice I used Swerve
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup old fashioned oats gluten free oats
- 1 cup quinoa flakes
- 1 cup brown rice cereal
- ¼ cup dried cherries or strawberries
- ¼ cup roasted cashews
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan combine almond butter, applesauce, Swerve, maple syrup and cinnamon. Bring to a simmer and stir until well combined. Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- In a large bowl combine oats, quinoa flakes and brown rice cereal. Pour almond mixture over the oat mixture and stir until well combined.
- Pour granola on cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes or so. Allow to cool on the pan and transfer to a bowl.
- Pour in cherries & cashews and store in an airtight container for one week.