Tips and Tricks for Blueberry Chicken Salad Stuffed Avocado Boats
- Use a rotisserie chicken to cut down on preparation time. Just make sure your rotisserie chicken is gluten-free.
- You can use any kind of leftover chicken you have, though chicken breast is best for this chicken salad.
- If you don't want to serve the blueberry chicken salad in the avocado boat, another option is to slice up the avocado and serve in a lettuce wrap!
- Chicken salad is a great way to use up leftover produce or pantry staples you have on hand. In this recipe, we used green onions and blueberries and added walnuts for a little crunch. You can try adding grapes, red onion, celery, dried cranberries, or even poppy seeds for different textures and flavors.
Blueberry Chicken Salad Stuffed Avocado Boats Recipe
You'll love how easy this blueberry chicken salad stuffed avocado boats recipe is! All you need is a few ingredients -- leftover cooked chicken, avocados, blueberries, mayonnaise, lemon juice, green onions and walnuts. An easy gluten-free lunch that is also great for Spring time entertaining.
Blueberry Chicken Salad Stuffed Avocado Boats
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast cubed
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp green onions sliced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 avocados cut in half with pits removed
- In a large bowl, mix together cubed cooked chicken, mayonnaise, green onions, lemon juice, walnuts and blueberries. Stir to combine.
- Add granulated sugar, salt and pepper. Taste and add more salt or pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate chicken salad for at least 20 minutes or until ready to serve.
- To serve, cut ripe avocados in half with a knife and remove pit, leavin ghte skin on. Scoop some of the chicken salad onto each avocado half. Eat with a spoon.