These gluten-free blueberry chicken salad stuffed avocado boats make such an easy lunch and are perfect for entertaining. Ripe avocados are stuffed with a light chicken salad studded with fresh blueberries.
Hi there! It's Megan from A Dash of Megnut here today with one of my all time favorite gluten-free lunch recipes - blueberry chicken salad stuffed avocado boats! They super simple to make with leftover cooked chicken and are a fun way to serve lunch this Spring and Summer.
At A Dash of Megnut I'm all about the quick and easy gluten-free recipes showing you that gluten-free doesn't have to be stressful and it can be flavorful, too. These blueberry chicken salad stuffed avocado boats are just that - simple and full of flavor!
I'm a little obsessed with avocados.
They're delicious and can be used in so many ways, from guacamole to creamy dressings to toppings on a salad. More than that, avocados are a healthy fat which help keep me full and satisfied all day long! I'm a fan of eating avocados plain, with just a touch of salt and pepper, as part of my lunch or as a snack.
But, sometimes I like to jazz it up a bit and STUFF my avocados with chicken salad!
Today, I decided to make my chicken salad a little fruity and add blueberries to the recipe to give the chicken salad a really nice and bright flavor. The blueberries in this recipe also add a great texture, firm and juicy. I really like the combination of avocado and fruit, like in my apple guacamole and honey glazed salmon with avocado mango salsa.
Blueberry chicken salad stuffed avocado boats are a great make-ahead recipe for lunches throughout the week. I just assemble the chicken salad the night before, refrigerate it, and then slice my avocado at work the next day and top with the blueberry chicken salad. So easy!
Tips and Tricks for Blueberry Chicken Salad Stuffed Avocado Boats
- Use a rotisserie chicken to cut down on preparation time. Just make sure your rotisserie chicken is gluten-free.
- You can use any kind of leftover chicken you have, though chicken breast is best for this chicken salad.
- If you don't want to serve the blueberry chicken salad in the avocado boat, another option is to slice up the avocado and serve in a lettuce wrap!
- Chicken salad is a great way to use up leftover produce or pantry staples you have on hand. In this recipe, we used green onions and blueberries and added walnuts for a little crunch. You can try adding grapes, red onion, celery, dried cranberries, or even poppy seeds for different textures and flavors.
Blueberry Chicken Salad Stuffed Avocado Boats Recipe
You'll love how easy this blueberry chicken salad stuffed avocado boats recipe is! All you need is a few ingredients -- leftover cooked chicken, avocados, blueberries, mayonnaise, lemon juice, green onions and walnuts. An easy gluten-free lunch that is also great for Spring time entertaining.
Blueberry Chicken Salad Stuffed Avocado Boats
Blueberry chicken salad stuffed avocado boats are so simple to make with just a few ingredients. This gluten-free lunch recipe is light, fresh and full of flavor! The blueberries are the star of this easy recipe.
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast cubed
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoon green onions sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ cup blueberries
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 avocados cut in half with pits removed
- In a large bowl, mix together cubed cooked chicken, mayonnaise, green onions, lemon juice, walnuts and blueberries. Stir to combine.
- Add granulated sugar, salt and pepper. Taste and add more salt or pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate chicken salad for at least 20 minutes or until ready to serve.
- To serve, cut ripe avocados in half with a knife and remove pit, leavin ghte skin on. Scoop some of the chicken salad onto each avocado half. Eat with a spoon.
Calories: 344kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 43mg | Sodium: 295mg | Potassium: 646mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 185IU | Vitamin C: 12.8mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 1.3mg
If You Like These Chicken Salad Stuffed Avocado Boats You May Also Like:
- Smokey Chicken with Avocado Sauce
- Chipotle Cheddar Quinoa Broiled Avocados
- Chocolate Mint Avocado Pudding
- Avocado Hummus
- Air Fryer Fried Chicken
These look so yummy.I love that you used the avocado shells as a bowl.
This looks delicious! I can definitely see myself making this for lunch.
Omg you had my attention at avocados!!! This recipe sounds absolutely delicious and I can’t wait to make it!!!
Oh wow how inventive with the blueberries and the avocado boats. I could definitely be seeing this as a great brunch item to make with spring and all. yum!
Leigh Anne Borders
Well, this sounds great. We love avocados and blueberries. Sounds like something my whole family would enjoy.
These are definitely not ingredients that I thought would go together - but reading the recipe and looking at your piccies makes actually want to try this for myself 🙂 x
I've never heard of this, I've heard of stuffed bell pepper before and those are great. So I'd love to try this, because avocado is one of my favorites! Thanks for sharing.
Tina Hogan Grant
This looks like an amazing recipe, I may try on a bed of kale as I'm not fond of avocados.
I love chicken salad and blueberries but never thought to make them together. This sounds really good and I have to give it a try.
I would have never thought of such a recipe. And it looks amazing!
Nancy at Whispered Inspirations
OH MY! This looks like an amazing recipe. I can't wait to give this a try. This is going to be ridiculously delicious and I KNOW my husband would LOVE it.
im not even a meat eater but I always love your recipes lol!
I love avocados so much and i secretly judge people who don't lol. I'd love to try a vegan-ize version of your recipe. Looks delicious!