This Smokey Chicken with Avocado Sauce is an easy to make low-carb meal that the whole family will love!
I’ve mentioned before that my Grandmother was diagnosed with diabetes and successfully managed it through lifestyle choices for many years. I remember this so clearly, because when she shared her diagnosis with us, I thought it was a death sentence. I was terrified.
Instead, the next time I visited her, she was thinner than I ever remembered and seemed a bit more vibrant. I watched her diligence at sticking to her “new plan” through the years and learned a very valuable lesson – our lifestyle choices can make a tremendous difference in our lifespan.
Her experience has lead me to get proactive when it comes to managing my blood sugar.
This is particularly the case as I get older.
Everyone is different, but I find that I feel my steadiest on a diet that is high in protein and healthy fats. I adore carbs but find I am my best when I don’t overdo it.
Of course, everyone reacts to food in different ways, and you should always work with your health care professional to discover what works best for you.
Today’s Smokey Chicken with Avocado Sauce is just the kind of meal I adore. Rich in protein and the right kind of fat, it keeps me steady and at my best.
Recommended Tools to Make Smokey Chicken with Avocado Sauce:
This Smokey Chicken with Avocado Sauce is not only healthy but delicious. The creamy avocado sauce is perfect served over pasta or zoodles.
- 16 ounces Chicken
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 14 ounces boneless chicken breast
- 1 avocado chopped
- 1/4 cup Greek Yogurt or Homemade Mayo
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeno chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice.
- zucchini for serving with zoodles
- In a small bowl combine oil, salt, smoked paprika and onion powder. Place chicken in a large zip top plastic bag and pour oil mixture over. Allow to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the avocado sauce by combining the avocado, Greek Yogurt, red onion cilantro, jalapeño and lime juice in a blender. Process until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat grill pan to medium heat. Remove chicken from marinate and place on grill pan. Cook about 8 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- To serve, place chicken on a plate and top with avocado sauce.
If You Like This Smokey Chicken with Avocado Sauce You May Also Like:
- Zucchini Pasta with Chicken Alfredo
- Greek Meatballs with Feta Sauce
- Avocado Pesto Chicken Salad Wraps
- Chocolate Mint Avocado Pudding