I’ve mentioned before that my Grandmother was diagnosed with diabetes and successfully managed it through lifestyle choices for many years. I remember this so clearly, because when she shared her diagnosis with us, I thought it was a death sentence. I was terrified.
Instead, the next time I visited her, she was thinner than I ever remembered and seemed a bit more vibrant. I watched her diligence at sticking to her “new plan” through the years and learned a very valuable lesson – our lifestyle choices can make a tremendous difference in our lifespan. When you have diabetes, steady is exciting.
Her experience has lead me to get proactive when it comes to managing my blood sugar.
This is particularly the case as I get older.
One thing that is helpful in sticking to a weight loss plan and managing blood sugar is Glucerna® Hunger Smart™ Shakes. They are available in Vanilla and Chocolate.
You can pick them up at Walmart.
Not only are they delicious but each shake has 15 grams of protein to help manage hunger. This is 50% more protein than the leading weight loss shakes as well as 66% less sugar. Glucerna® Hunger Smart™ Shakes also have CARBSTEADY®, which includes slowly digestible carbohydrates that are designed to minimize blood sugar spikes. With 25 vitamins and minerals, and fiber to support the digestive track, they are the perfect solution for managing hunger when used under medical supervision.
Everyone is different, but I find that I feel my steadiest on a diet that is high in protein and healthy fats. I adore carbs but find I am my best when I don’t overdo it. Of course, everyone is different, and you should always work with your health care professional to discover what works best for you.
Today’s Smokey Chicken with Avocado Sauce is just the kind of meal I adore. Rich in protein and the right kind of fat, it keeps me steady and at my best.
Try Glucerna® Hunger Smart™ shakes for yourself. Right now you can buy any two large packs of Glucerna and get up to $3 off at Walmart!
Smokey Chicken with Avocado Sauce
This Smokey Chicken with Avocado Sauce is not only healthy but delicious. The creamy avocado sauce is perfect served over pasta or zoodles.
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 14 ounces boneless chicken breast
- 1 avocado chopped
- 1/4 cup Greek Yogurt or Homemade Mayo
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeno chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice.
- In a small bowl combine oil, salt, smoked paprika and onion powder. Place chicken in a large zip top plastic bag and pour oil mixture over. Allow to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the avocado sauce by combining the avocado, Greek Yogurt, red onion cilantro, jalapeño and lime juice in a blender. Process until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat grill pan to medium heat. Remove chicken from marinate and place on grill pan. Cook about 8 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- To serve, place chicken on a plate and top with avocado sauce.
I have been compensated by Glucerna for this post; however, I am sharing my own thoughts. All opinions are my own. Talk with your health care provider about a diabetes management plan that’s right for you.