Looking for an easy answer to "What's for Dinner"? Give this quinoa skillet a try. It is kid friendly, and nutrient dense.
I was out running errands yesterday, and everywhere I went was abuzz with "Back to School" specials. Mom's were in Target with lists, carefully checking items off.
The woman I check out behind had over $325 of school supplies, all from a list given to her by the school....for her KINDERGARTENER AND FIRST GRADER!!!
When did it get so complicated? And now that I'm questioning, when did "Back to School" start in July?
(The earliest I ever remember going back is the last week in August.)
I suppose I should have let it stress me out a bit, given that I'm only just beginning to think about what our school year will look like. I didn't.
I just decided to stop complaining about the cost of homeschooling, given what that poor woman was spending on supplies for her children in public school.
In an effort to return to a simpler time, I've got a great one dish skillet recipe for you today!
This is the perfect dish for those crazy nights when you really don't feel like you have time to cook. Plus, one dish recipes = less clean up.
Great...now I have time to stress about the school year. 🙂 (Kidding...)
Broccoli, Spinach, Parmesan Quinoa Skillet (GF, Vegetarian Option)
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 lb boneless chicken or tempeh cubed
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa rinsed
- 1 ¼ cup chicken or vegetable broth
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese grated
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken ore tempeh and cook for 5 minutes, or until brown. Add bell pepper, garlic and quinoa and cook for 4 minutes, stirring often. Add broth, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cover. Cook for 15 minutes. Add spinach and broccoli and cook for 10 minutes longer. Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve warm.
If You Like This Quinoa Skillet You May Also Like: