These Curried Roasted Chickpeas are a great snack that is so delicious you won't believe they are healthy. The perfect healthy crunchy snack!
Beans were not a big thing in our house when I was growing up.
That is odd to me since my Mom was always looking to save money and beans are one of the most economical proteins out there.
I had my first garbanzo bean at the Rax Roast Beef salad bar at some point in the 80's.
I think I was about twelve.
(I just dated myself, didn't I?)
It was love at first bite.
In fact, I would have to say that garbanzo beans and alfalfa sprouts - two foods never served in our home - were the biggest reasons I always ordered the salad bar from that point on.
(Even when a burger was an option.)
It wasn't because I was trying to be healthy.
In fact, I smothered them both with ridiculous amounts of Ranch Dressing.
Still, looking back I should have known that healthier food was going to be a big part of my life.
Today, I routinely eat chickpeas in wraps and on salads.
Roasted chickpeas have become one of my favorite snacks.
I was so excited the first time I saw them in stores.
Although buying them is convenient, I love to make them when I have time.
In addition to being fabulous as a snack, roasted chickpeas are also an excellent way to jazz up a salad! I've even used them as a crunchy topping on tacos. (Though these Curried Roasted Chickpeas are probably not the best flavor profile for that.)
If you like these Curried Roasted Chickpeas You May Also Like:
Curried Roasted Chickpeas
- 1.5 cups chickpeas about 1 can
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sweet curry powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rinse and drain chickpeas. Pat dry with a clean kitchen towel and place in a large bowl. Add olive oil, curry powder, cumin, thyme and sea salt. Toss to coat and then transfer in a single layer onto prepared baking sheet.
- Cook for 40 to 45 minutes, stirring half way through. Remove from oven and allow to cool.