This Buffalo Roasted Cauliflower with Smokey Blue Cheese Sauce is a delicious side dish, and a great veggie packed main course.
If you follow me on Facebook, then you know that I have become more than a little cauliflower obsessed.
Is there anything this miracle vegetable can’t do?
From pizza crust to rice, cauliflower has it all going on.
I love getting creative with cauliflower, but it still surprises me how delicious a simple dish of roasted cauliflower is. And when you add some spices and a great sauce, the results will blow you away!
This Buffalo Roasted Cauliflower with Smokey Blue Cheese Sauce makes a great side dish, but I am happy to eat it as a main course. Served with a salad, this makes such a great veggie packed meal.
If blue cheese isn’t your thing, feel free to skip the sauce. The cauliflower is still delicious without it!
If you do make the sauce, plan on having leftovers! It is great served over a steak or even drizzled over pasta. Just be sure to rewarm it prior to serving.
For more cauliflower inspiration, you may want to check out these Cauliflower Recipes!
Buffalo Roasted Cauliflower with Smokey Blue Cheese Sauce
- 16 ounces cauliflower cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Buffalo Sauce
- 1/4 cup grass-fed butter
- 1/4 cup Franks Buffalo Hot Sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 420 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place cauliflower in a large bowl and drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with spices and toss to combine.
- Place cauliflower on prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a small saucepan. Add hot sauce, apple cider <g class="gr_ gr_38 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_run_anim Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" id="38" data-gr-id="38">vinegar</g> and cayenne pepper. Cook until heated through.
- Remove cauliflower from oven, and toss with buffalo sauce. Return to oven and cook for another 8 minutes.
- Serve with blue cheese sauce if desired.
Smokey Blue Cheese Sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed gelatin
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed butter
- 1 tablespoon almond flour or coconut flour
- 1/2 cup organic heavy cream or quinoa cream
- 4 ounces blue cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- In a small bowl, combine (cold or room temperature) chicken broth with gelatin. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add in the flour and whisk to combine. Cook for 2 minutes, whisking constantly.
- Stir in heavy cream or quinoa cream and broth and reduce to medium low. Cook for three minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in blue cheese and paprika. Cook until the cheese is melted.
- Taste, and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and allow to sit for 5 minutes prior to using.
- Sauce will thicken when it cools. Reheat leftovers prior to serving.