Looking for a delicious way to spice up your food? Then you need to try this homemade buffalo sauce! This sauce is perfect for adding a bit of heat and flavor to everything from chicken and wings to pizza. And best of all, it's easy to make at home with just a few simple ingredients. Get ready to add some Buffalo flair to your next meal!
The right sauce or dip can really make a meal, don’t you think?
This homemade buffalo wing sauce is my current obsession.
It is super easy to make, and packs so much flavor. I love being able to control the ingredients (and heat!) myself.
Give this a try, and let me know what you think!
Ingredients for Making Homemade Buffalo Sauce
- Hot Sauce: I recommend using Frank's red hot sauce. It's a classic for a reason!
- Butter: You could also use ghee or margarine if you need a dairy-free option.
- Vinegar: I prefer apple cider vinegar, but you could use white vinegar if you prefer.
- Worcestershire Sauce: This is optional, but it adds a nice depth of flavor. If you are gluten-free, make sure you check the label. Some brands are gluten-free, and some are not.
- Garlic Powder: You could use a few teaspoons of fresh minced garlic if you have it on hand.
- Smoked Paprika: This is optional, but it gives the sauce a nice smoky flavor. I use mild smoked paprika and control the heat with the hot sauce, but if you like things really hot, you could use hot smoked paprika too.
- Salt: Sea salt is my go-to.
Buffalo sauce is great on chicken, wings, burgers, fries, and so much more! Get creative and experiment with different recipes. Some of my favorite recipes that use buffalo sauce are:
- Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Buffalo Roasted Cauliflower
- Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash
- Keto Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings (Don’t forget the blue cheese!)
- Keto Buffalo Wings (Skip the Worcestershire sauce in this recipe if you are avoiding carbohydrates)
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Buffalo Sauce Keto?
Yes! This buffalo sauce recipe is keto-friendly.
Can I Make This Buffalo Sauce Spicier?
Yes! If you want a spicier sauce, add more hot sauce to taste. You could also add a pinch of cayenne pepper.
How Do I Thicken This Sauce?
If you want a thicker sauce, add a tablespoon of arrowroot powder or cornstarch to the recipe.
To make a simple Buffalo sauce dip, you can mix ½ cup of the sauce with 1 cup of sour cream.
Is This Buffalo Sauce Vegetarian?
Worcestershire sauce typically contains anchovies, so this recipe is not vegetarian. However, you could leave it out or use a vegan Worcestershire sauce to make it vegetarian.
This sauce will last in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. I like to pull it out of the refrigerator for about 15 minutes before using it.
You can also freeze it for up to 6 months.
How to Make Homemade Buffalo Sauce
First, start by combining the hot sauce, butter, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, smoked paprika, and salt in a small saucepan over medium heat.
Cook until the butter melts and the ingredients are heated through about 5 minutes.
More Dips, Sauces, and Dressings to Try
- Roasted Red Pepper Hummus is the perfect snack! Serve it with celery, carrots, and crackers for a satisfying bite that never gets old.
- Whether you need the perfect sauce for gyros, are something that is great with veggies, this Tzatziki Sauce is sure to delight.
- Garlic Feta Dip is great for game day or your next party!
Homemade Buffalo Sauce
- Combine the hot sauce, butter, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, smoked paprika and salt in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook until the butter is melted and the ingredients are heated through about 5 minutes.