These Butternut Squash Quesadillas with Blue Cheese are the perfect blend of easy and comfort food. Great for when you need a healthy meal that soothes your soul.
It seems a little crazy to be talking food with all that is going on.
Is it just me, or does the earth seem especially angry right now?
Living in coastal Florida, (and growing up in Central Florida), the last week has been...stressful.
Although based on the current projections we are going to be fine, it is painful to watch friends pack up and leave their homes not knowing if they will have one to come back to.
All this on the heels of Houston.
My parents live less than two hours away and dealt with flooding, empty grocery stores, and no mail. Stressful, when it is your 70+-year-old parents, but nothing compared to what people in Houston have been through.
It is almost too much to take.
Because there isn't much to do right now other than wait and send positive energy to those in the path, I'm doing what I always do.
The approaching storm has me in the mood for fall comfort food, even though it is still warm here.
These Butternut Squash Quesadillas are the perfect blend of easy and comfort that I need right now.
The entire dish can be put together ahead of time, or you can make the puree and assemble them at the last minute. I even froze some of the butternut squash puree to have on hand for a quick lunch.
You could easily add shredded chicken to these Butternut Squash Quesadillas if that is your jam. Alternatively, for Vegan Butternut Squash Quesadillas, just skip the blue cheese or use this Vegan Blue Cheese.
Be safe everyone!
What do you do when you are stressed?
Tools for Making Butternut Squash Quesadilla Recipes
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualified purchases.
Butternut Squash Quesadillas
Butternut Squash Quesadillas with Blue Cheese
- 4 cups diced butternut squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil divided
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons sage chopped
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 4 ounces blue cheese crumbled (optional)
- 8 gluten free tortillas
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss butternut squash with 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a large skillet Add onion and cook for 10 minutes. Add garlic and sage and cook for another two minutes, stirring often.
- Place butternut squash and onion mixture in a blender and process until smooth.
- To assemble, spread butternut squash puree on half of each tortilla. Top with red pepper and blue cheese. Fold in half.
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat. Spray with oil. Add two tortillas at a time, and cook until golden brown. Flip and cook the other side. Serve warm.