California Club Pizza is a bright and fresh take on pizza that allows you to enjoy pizza and get your veggies in. Arugula, sprouts, and tomatoes keep things bright and fresh, while cheddar, goat cheese, and bacon will keep you satisfied. Finish it off with a zippy sauce, and you have a fun pizza that never gets old.
The first time I had a “salad pizza” was years ago at California Pizza Kitchen.
I love pizza of all types, and so it is no surprise that I loved it! This California Club Pizza is a fun way to mix things up.
Feel free to mix it up and make it your own.
Cubed cooked chicken breast can be added to bump up the protein factor, and mozzarella cheese can be used in place of the cheddar cheese.
Ingredients for Making California Club Pizza Recipe
- Bacon: Use your favorite bacon. (Check out this post on How to Make Bacon in Your Ninja Foodi Grill. The directions also work for an air fryer.)
- Cornmeal: Optional, but I like the added texture this gives pizza dough.
- Pizza Dough: You can use store-bought refrigerated pizza dough or homemade.
- Cheese: I use a combination of cheddar cheese and goat cheese, but feel free to play with this and use your favorite cheeses.
- Arugula: The peppery punch of arugula is perfect here, but spinach would also work.
- Greek Yogurt: Use plain full-fat Greek yogurt
- Mayonnaise: Primal Kitchen is my go-to brand. For an extra punch of flavor, try Garlic Lemon Aioli.
- Lime Juice: Lemon juice would also work.
- Salt and Pepper: Adjust the amount to your liking.
- Sprouts: I used alfalfa sprouts, but any sprout would work. Microgreens are also an option.
- Tomato: Sliced cherry tomatoes are also an option.
- Avocado: Wait to slice the avocado until just before serving.
Tools Needed to Make California Club Pizza
As an Amazon Associate, I Earn From Qualifying Sales
- Pizza Pan or Pizza Peel and Pizza Stone
- Rolling Pin
- Parchment Paper
This recipe is best served immediately. If you think you will have leftovers, I recommend waiting to add the arugula, sprouts, tomato, and avocado until just before serving.
How to Make California Club Pizza
First, start by preheating your oven to 420° F.
Cook your bacon until it is crispy.
Sprinkle a large sheet of parchment paper with cornmeal and then roll the pizza dough out on top of it.
Transfer to a pizza pan and bake for eight minutes. (If you like, you can brush it with olive oil before baking.)
Sprinkle the pizza crust with cheddar cheese, goat cheese, and bacon.
Bake for another eight minutes until the cheese is melted.
Place the arugula in a large bowl.
In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Toss with the arugula.
Place the arugula on the pizza and top with the sprouts, tomato, and avocado.
More Pizza Recipes to Try
- Roasted Garlic Chicken Sausage Manchego Pizza
- Avocado Pizza
- Caramelized Onion Goat Cheese Pizza
- Gluten Free Caprese Pizza
- Spinach Blue Cheese Pizza
- Hawaiian Pizza
California Club Pizza
- 4 ounces bacon
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 lb gluten free pizza dough
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 ounces goat cheese crumbled
- 2 cups arugula
- 2 tablespoons Greek Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 1 tomato sliced thin
- 1 avocado peeled pitted and diced
- Preheat oven to 420 degrees.
- Cook bacon until crisp and crumble into bite sized pieces.
- Place a large sheet of parchment paper on your counter and sprinkle with cornmeal.
- Roll dough into a circle about 12 inches wide. Transfer to the pizza pan and bake for 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheeses and bacon.
- Bake for another 8 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, place arugula in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt, mayo, lime juice, salt, and pepper.
- Toss with arugula. Place on warm pizza and top with sprouts, tomato, and avocado. Serve immediately