This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. All ideas, recipes, & opinions are entirely my own.
One of my favorite nights of the week is pizza night.
It is always such a relaxed occasion, and I love to get the boys in on the action.
For the longest time, we fell into a rut, and everyone ate the same pizza every week. Then I decided that it was time to break the meal monotony.
You may have noticed several pizza recipes lately that have resulted from this decision.
Today I’ve got another new one, and I’ve got to tell you, this one blew me away. My husband is still talking about it. This recipe is a change-up from my usual pizzas, and it is one the whole family loved. (For the kids I just left off the onions).
It all started with a trip to Walmart, where I spotted Hillshire Farm® chicken smoked sausage roasted garlic. Roasted garlic sausage?! Yes, please!
If roasted garlic isn’t your thing, Hillshire Farms has tons of great flavors to choose from. I am dying to try the Chicken Smoked Sausage Basil Pesto. Other great flavors include: Cajun Style Andouille Smoked Sausage, Beef Smoked Sausage, Lite Polska Kielbasa, Beef Polska Kielbasa, Lite Smoked Sausage, Polska Kielbasa, Turkey Polska Kielbasa, Chicken Hardwood Smoked Sausage, Cheddarwurst, Turkey Smoked Sausage, Smoked Sausage and Hot Smoked Sausage.
Whatever the type of dish you are craving, there is a premium, high-quality Hillshire Farm smoked sausage that will pair perfectly with it.
Once I had my sausage, I was instantly dreaming of what I could do with it. You guys know I love my roasted garlic pizzas, so of course pizza was the first thing that came to mind.
I’ve been trying to limit my carbs, so I decided to jump on the Cauliflower Pizza bandwagon.
You must try this combination. The roasted garlic in the smoked sausage played so well with the cauliflower pizza crust. (Of course this pizza will work perfectly well with whatever type of crust you choose).
For more inspiration on the many ways you can use Hillshire Farm smoked sausage make sure you check out their website.
Roasted Garlic Chicken Sausage, Manchego & Red Onion Pizza
- 1 recipe cauliflower pizza crust or 1 pound gluten free pizza crust
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 4 ounces manchego cheese
- 6 1/2 ounces Chicken Smoked Sausage Roasted Garlic sliced
- 1/2 medium red onions sliced
- Slice sausage. Sauté in a skillet over medium-high heat until golden brown, about 8 minutes.
- For the cauliflower crust, heat oven to a broil. (The crust will already be cooked and the crust edges should already be brown, almost burnt.) Spread pizza sauce on crust. Sprinkle crust with cheese and top with sausage and onions.
- Cook until the cheese melts, about 3 minutes.
- For traditional crust:
- Preheat oven to 420 degrees.
- Roll crust out, using flour as seeded to prevent sticking. Transfer to a parchment lined pizza pan.
- Spread pizza sauce on crust. Sprinkle crust with cheese and top with sausage and onions. Cook for 25 to 30 minutes, until the crust is golden brown.