This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. All ideas, recipes, & opinions are entirely my own.
This Roasted Garlic Chicken Sausage, Manchego & Red Onion Pizza served on a cauliflower pizza crust, will blow your mind! The best gluten free pizza ever!
One of my favorite nights of the week is pizza night.
It is always such a relaxed occasion, and I love to get the boys in on the action.
For the longest time, we fell into a rut, and everyone ate the same pizza every week. Then I decided that it was time to break the meal monotony.
You may have noticed several pizza recipes lately that have resulted from this decision.
Today I’ve got another new one, and I’ve got to tell you, this one blew me away. My husband is still talking about it. This recipe is a change-up from my usual pizzas, and it is one the whole family loved. (For the kids I just left off the onions).
Roasted garlic sausage?! Yes, please!
Once I had my sausage, I was instantly dreaming of what I could do with it. You guys know I love my roasted garlic pizzas, so of course pizza was the first thing that came to mind.
I’ve been trying to limit my carbs, so I decided to jump on the Cauliflower Pizza bandwagon.
You must try this combination. The roasted garlic in the smoked sausage played so well with the cauliflower pizza crust. (Of course this pizza will work perfectly well with whatever type of crust you choose).
Roasted Garlic Chicken Sausage, Manchego & Red Onion Pizza
- 1 recipe cauliflower pizza crust or 1 pound gluten free pizza crust
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 4 ounces manchego cheese
- 6 1/2 ounces Chicken Smoked Sausage Roasted Garlic sliced
- 1/2 medium red onions sliced
- Slice sausage. Sauté in a skillet over medium-high heat until golden brown, about 8 minutes.
- For the cauliflower crust, heat oven to a broil. (The crust will already be cooked and the crust edges should already be brown, almost burnt.) Spread pizza sauce on crust. Sprinkle crust with cheese and top with sausage and onions.
- Cook until the cheese melts, about 3 minutes.
- For traditional crust:
- Preheat oven to 420 degrees.
- Roll crust out, using flour as seeded to prevent sticking. Transfer to a parchment lined pizza pan.
- Spread pizza sauce on crust. Sprinkle crust with cheese and top with sausage and onions. Cook for 25 to 30 minutes, until the crust is golden brown.