This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ArtofEntertaining #CollectiveBias The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older.
This Gluten Free Caprese Pizza is so delicious and perfect for simple entertaining! With oven roasted tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, balsamic reduction and basil, you’ve got an elegant pizza that is a crowd pleaser.
Do you feel like traveling today? What do you think about a trip to Italy?
Wouldn’t that be nice?
Ah, well, there is the little matter of three kids and a house to keep going.
Until I can get there in the real world, maybe we can just share a pizza?
That sounds pretty good too.
Plus, I’m bringing wine. It isn’t summer entertaining without great food and wine.
And, oh, this pizza. It is simple, fresh, seasonal and most importantly delicious.
It is also incredibly easy to make. Since I’m gluten free, and gluten free crust can stick, I like to make it in a pizza pan. I just roll it out, parabake it, add my toppings and bake again. Since I’ve always got pizza dough in the freezer, this is one of my easy go-to meals.
Paired with Estancia wines, I can’t think of a better summer evening.
I love Estancia wines because they are handcrafted with great purpose.
The commitment to making the best wine possible and never compromising the process shows. The quality for the price just can’t be beaten.
Estancia was founded on the concept of “terroir”, which is the idea that environmental conditions, such as soil and climate, in which the grapes are grown give the wine its unique flavor and aroma. Estancia means “estate” in Spanish, and this name emphasizes their conviction that the world’s best wines capture the essence of their place of origin.
Today, I’ve used Estancia Pinot Noir, which is fantastic with this Gluten Free Caprese Pizza, but I also really enjoy their Chardonnay.
How are you entertaining with food and wine this summer?
Gluten Free Caprese Pizza
This Gluten Free Caprese Pizza is so delicious and perfect for simple entertaining! With oven roasted tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, balsamic reduction and basil, you've got an elegant pizza that is a crowd pleaser.
- Preheat oven to 420 degrees. Line a pizza pan with parchment paper.
- Toss grape tomatoes and garlic with 1 tablespoon avocado oil. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Cook for 30 minutes, until tomatoes start to wilt. Remove from oven.
- Roll dough out on a lightly floured piece of parchment paper. Turn the parchment paper over onto the prepared pizza pan. Crimp the edges with your hand and then prick the center several times with a fork. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Brush dough with oil, covering all the way to the edges. Top with tomatoes and cheese. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until the cheese, is melted and the crust is golden brown. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and top with basil.