Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing is a lightened-up take on a much-loved classic. But don’t worry - there is no sacrifice here! This easy dip is herbaceous, drool-worthy, and so full of flavor you would swear you were indulging. You are going to love this dressing.
Ranch dressing is a classic for a reason.
It's delicious, versatile, and perfect for dipping everything from veggies to chicken strips. And, of course, it makes a fabulous salad.
If you're looking to lighten up your ranch game with real food ingredients, this healthy Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing recipe is the perfect solution.
With just a few simple ingredients, you can whip up this tasty gluten-free dip in no time!
What makes this ranch so special? First, we use Greek yogurt in place of mayonnaise.
This cuts down on the fat and calories without sacrificing flavor or creaminess. Second, we add buttermilk for a bit of tang.
Third, we use fresh herbs instead of traditional dried herbs. This gives the dressing an herby, bright flavor that is irresistible!
(Though you can certainly use dried herbs if that is what you have on hand.)
Give this Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing a try, and let me know what you think.
Ingredients for Making Ranch Dressing with Greek Yogurt
- Greek Yogurt: I like to use full-fat (5%) Greek yogurt, but you can use whatever type you want. Just keep in mind that the yogurt used will impact the overall flavor.
- Buttermilk: Don’t have buttermilk? Simply combine regular milk with ½ tablespoon of lemon juice and let it sit for about 10 minutes.
- Fresh Herbs: I blend parsley, oregano, and dill to give the perfect flavor. Chives are a fabulous addition - I just can’t always find them locally. Dried dill, parsley, and oregano may be substituted if you do not have fresh herbs.
- Garlic: I like to use fresh minced garlic, but garlic powder is another option.
- Onion Powder: A tablespoon of finely chopped onion may be substituted if you prefer.
- Salt and pepper: Adjust the seasonings to your liking.
Tips and Tricks for Making Creamy Salad Dressings
One of the keys to making a successful ranch dressing is to use full-fat ingredients.
This gives the dressing a richer flavor and helps it to emulsify and thicken properly.
However, if you're looking for a lighter version of ranch dressing, a 2% Greek yogurt is a great option.
You can add two to three tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil if you want a thinner dressing.
Add sour cream to your homemade Greek yogurt ranch dressing for a thicker dip.
What is Ranch Dressing Good For Other Than Salad?
- Some people like ranch dressing on pizza. (Crazy, right?) Want to give it a try? This Ninja Foodi Grill Pizza is super-easy.
- Healthy Zucchini Chips are great dipped in ranch dressing with Greek yogurt.
- Skip the vinegar-based dressing and make this Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta Salad creamy.
- Use it as a dip for a simple chicken recipe, like these Air Fryer Chicken Thighs or Healthy Chicken Nuggets. (Add ¼ cup of olive oil, and it also makes a great chicken marinade!)
Frequently Asked Questions
Store-bought dressings are loaded with sugar, sodium, and preservatives. You can control the ingredients and make a healthier version of your favorite dressing.
Second, you can customize the flavor however you like.
Third, it’s a great way to save money. Store-bought salad dressings can be pretty expensive, especially if you buy the good stuff.
You could use a few different types of yogurt, but I prefer to use plain, whole milk Greek yogurt.
You could also use a light Greek yogurt, which would be a little less rich.
If you're looking for a non-dairy option, you could use coconut milk yogurt. (Swap out the buttermilk for nut milk and ½ tablespoon of lemon juice to make this homemade ranch dressing with Greek yogurt dairy-free.)
Tools Needed to Make Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing Recipe
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying sales.
- Bowl and whisk or Immersion blender
Leftovers may be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for five days.
How to Make Healthy Ranch Dressing
To make this homemade ranch dressing recipe, start by gathering all of your ingredients.
Combine the Greek yogurt, buttermilk, parsley, oregano, dill, garlic, onion powder, salt, and black pepper in a large bowl or mason jar.
Blend with an immersion blender or whisk until combined.
Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Enjoy this as a creamy salad dressing or as a dip!
More Salad Dressing Recipes to Try
Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley or 2 teaspoons dried
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped oregano or 1 teaspoon dried
- ½ tablespoon fresh chopped dill or ½ teaspoon dried
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper.
- Combine the yogurt, buttermilk, parsley, oregano, dill, garlic, onion powder, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Using a whisk or immersion blender, blend the ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.