Today I’ve got some great comfort food for you. This is a family favorite that I make time and again.
Although not my healthiest dish, it is one that pleases the whole family. I use Ancient Harvest quinoa pasta, which is gluten free and also free of GMO’s.
This dish is easily made vegetarian or vegan with the use of non-dairy sour cream and yogurt and Beyond Meat Chicken Strips. (Which actually rock.)
Chicken Stroganoff with Quinoa Pasta
- 8 ounce quinoa spaghetti
- 1 ½ lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts Beyond Meat Chicken strips or tempeh cut into ½ inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1 medium red onion chopped fine
- 2 teaspoons gluten free flour
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ½ cup dry white wine or broth
- ½ cup plain Greek Yogurt dairy or non-dairy
- ½ cup sour cream or non-dairy sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions, reserving ½ cup pasta water.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a medium skillet. Cook chicken until golden brown and cooked all the way through, about 8 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Add remaining tablespoon of olive oil to the pan. Cook red onion for 8 minutes. Sprinkle with flour, paprika, salt and crushed red pepper and stir to combine. Add white wine and pasta water and cook for 2 minutes. Add yogurt, sour cream and Worcestershire sauce and cook for 2 minutes more. Toss with pasta, chicken and parsley and serve warm with fresh ground black pepper.
Recipe NotesServings 6, Calories 474, Fat 17.8g, Carbohydrates 36.9g, Protein 37.4g, Cholesterol 110mg, Sodium 469mg, Fiber 3.5g, Sugars 3.3g, WW Pts 12