This Gluten Free Chicken Stroganoff is an easy week night meal that the whole family will love. Pure comfort food that you will make time and again.
Today I've got some great comfort food for you. This is a family favorite that I make time and again.
Although not my healthiest dish, it is one that pleases the whole family.
This dish is easily made vegetarian or vegan with the use of non-dairy sour cream and yogurt and Beyond Meat Chicken Strips. (Which actually rock.)
The following are affiliate links. We are a participants in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
To Make This Gluten Free Chicken Stroganoff You Will Need:
Chicken Stroganoff with Quinoa Pasta
- 8 ounce quinoa spaghetti
- 1 ½ lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts or Beyond Meat Chicken strips or tempeh cut into ½ inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1 red onion chopped fine
- 2 teaspoons gluten free flour
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ½ cup dry white wine or broth
- ½ cup plain Greek Yogurt dairy or non-dairy
- ½ cup sour cream or non-dairy sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce gluten free
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions, reserving ½ cup pasta water.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a medium skillet. Cook chicken until golden brown and cooked all the way through, about 8 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Add remaining tablespoon of olive oil to the pan. Cook red onion for 8 minutes. Sprinkle with flour, paprika, salt and crushed red pepper and stir to combine. Add white wine and pasta water and cook for 2 minutes. Add yogurt, sour cream and Worcestershire sauce and cook for 2 minutes more. Toss with pasta, chicken and parsley and serve warm with fresh ground black pepper.