This DIY Healthy Chocolate Gummy recipe with gelatin is easy to make and so healthy! Kids love them and they are perfect for snacks.
A special thanks to Barlean’s for sending me Chocolate Silk Greens as part of this years Choctoberfest. Make sure you check out all of the other great chocolate recipes below.
Although I don’t have the biggest sweet tooth, like most women, I crave chocolate from time to time. Usually, I want just a little bit of something chocolatey, because too much never leaves me feeling good.
Recipes like this Chocolate Gummy Recipe are just perfect for me, and I know you are going to love it too.
This gummy recipe is packed with nutrition!
Today Barlean’s Chocolate Silk greens are back for this Chocolate Gummy Recipe.
Our fridge is never without Barlean’s Chocolate Greens. My oldest son isn’t the biggest veggie fan, so I try to make sure he gets a serving of it every day. It is a delicious superfood that is loaded with antioxidants from fair-trade cocoa. It has nutrients from more than a dozen fruits and veggies, as well as natural plant fiber from chicory and flaxseed. I love that it is gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, and non-GMO. It is also vegan, which makes it perfect regardless of your preferred style of eating.
Frequently Asked Questions for Making a Gummy Recipe:
What is the difference between Collagen and Gelatin?
- Gelatin is made of collagen and offers all of the same benefits as Collagen Hydrolysate. The primary difference is that due to the way that Collagen hydrolysate is processed, it will not gel. This makes it great to mix into smoothies, but you need Gelatin to make this gummy recipe. You can read more on the difference between Collagen and Gelatin here.
What are the Benefits of Collagen and Gelatin?
- Supports Bones and Joint and Improves Bone Density – In a recent German study, postmenopausal women with a delicate in bone density were given 5 grams of collagen daily for a year. After a year, bone scans showed that the women taking collagen at a 3 percent increase in bone density of their lower spine and a 6.7 percent increase in the density of the femoral neck. Women who were given a placebo had a 1 percent decrease in bone density in those areas.
- Improves Skin, Hair, and Nails – As we age, we break down more collagen than we make. This can lead to wrinkles, dull hair, loss of skin tone and brittle nails. Collagen is a powerful protein for the skin, helping to keep skin looking younger. Studies published in Skin Pharmacology and Physiology show that collagen peptide supplementation can improve skin’s elasticity within four weeks and reduce crow’s feet within eight weeks. Another study of women between the ages of 24 and 50 showed that a collagen supplement helped to reduce the appearance of cellulite over a six month period as compared to a placebo.
- Rich in antioxidants
- Can help to lower blood pressure.
- Improves Gut Health – According to Laura Kelly, a doctor of Traditional Chines Medicine and coauthor of The Healthy Bones Nutrition Plan and Cookbook, “Studies suggest that consuming collagen will improve the health of your gut lining.” It is also believed that the consumption of collagen can help to fight leaky gut syndrome.
Tools for Making this Gummy Recipe
- Gummy Mold
Chocolate Gummy Recipe
Chocolate Gummy Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups cashew milk
- 3 tablespoons grass-fed gelatin
- 1 tablespoon Swerve Confectioners or other sweetener
- 2 tablespoons Barleans Chocolate Silk Greens
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Put 1/2 cup of the cashew milk in a bowl or large measuring cup. Sprinkle the gelatin over the milk. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining cashew milk in a saucepan over medium heat, until warm (About 5 minutes.). Whisk in Swerve and cook until dissolved.
- Remove from heat. Whisk in the gelatin mixture until dissolved.
- Transfer to a blender, and add Greens Powder and vanilla extract.
- Carefully pour into gummy molds.
- Place in the freezer for 15 - 30 minutes, until set.
Variations for this Gummy Bear Recipe
- You may substitute cocoa powder for Barlean's chocolate greens. (But you will lose all the awesome nutrition it adds.)
- If you would like a firmer gummy, you can increase the gelatin by one tablespoon.
Tips for Making this Gummy Candy Recipe
- If it is taking you a while to get your gummy molds filled, you may want to re-blend the mixture to make sure that nothing settles on the bottom.
- I do not recommend ordering gummy molds labeled as miniature. I did this, thinking they would be the size of normal gummy bears and they were so tiny that they were almost pointless.