This Corn Arugula Avocado Quinoa Salad is the perfect quinoa salad for summer! It makes a great vegan or vegetarian meal and is so easy to make.
In my this post, I shared a hearty and not-very summery Quinoa Corn Chowder that I was inspired to make by an overstock of organic corn from my CSA.
I’ve got a produce drawer filled with corn again, only this time we are going to be enjoying it the amazing Corn Arugula Avocado Quinoa Salad.
I adore this salad. I would say it was like summer in a bowl, but that would be corny so I’ll leave that out. Because you know I’m not corny.
I am a huge fan of arugula but if you aren’t a fan – and I know some people don’t love the peppery flavor – just substitute spinach and it will still be great.
Another option if you are short on time is to use already prepared (either purchased or homemade) balsamic vinegar dressing. I make a big jar of dressing every weekend because I find that if I have dressing in the fridge, I am much more likely to eat salad for lunch.
Don’t you love a simple salad packed with yumminess?
Corn, Arugula and Avocado Quinoa Salad
- 8 ounces arugula chopped
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 cups fresh steamed corn or frozen thawed
- 2 to matoes seeded and diced
- 1 avocado pitted and diced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- In a medium bowl combine arugula, quinoa, corn, tomatoes and avocado.
- In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, lemon juice and balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Toss and serve immediately. (If making ahead wait to add avocado and dressing until just before serving.)
Recipe NotesServings 4, Calories 328, Fat 17g, Carbohydrates 41g, Protein 8.9g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 26mg, Fiber 8.7g, Sugars 5.7g