This Kid Friendly Spanish Brown Rice is an easy and healthy recipe that the whole family will love!
Every mom has her go-to recipes.
For me, they need to be easy, have limited hands on time AND be healthy.
This Kid Friendly Spanish Brown Rice is one I wouldn’t want to have to live without.
Though we eat a lot of quinoa around our house, I have to confess that both of the boys actually prefer rice. (I fear that part of that is simply the volume of quinoa dishes they’ve been subjected to in the last three years.)
When I make this I can except cheers and happy eaters. Really, what more can a mom ask for?
If you’ve been searching for how to make brown rice kids will love, this is the answer!
What are your go-to recipes?
Kid Friendly Spanish Brown Rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion chopped fine
- 2 cups organic brown rice preferably from California
- 2 ½ cups vegetable broth or water
- 1 cup pureed tomato
- 1 ½ teaspoons sea salt
- Place rice in a metal strainer and rinse until the water is clear.
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan or in your pressure cooker. Add onion and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until tender. Add rice and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in vegetable broth or water, pureed tomato and sea salt.
- Traditional Method:
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 45 minutes.
- Pressure Cooker Method:
- Place the lid on your pressure cooker and seal. Raise heat to high and bring cooker to pressure. Once you have achieved pressure, cook for 14 – 16 minutes, lowering heat to medium low.