Looking for an easy chicken fajita recipe? Look no further than Blackstone Fajitas. This simple recipe makes it easy to cook up a delicious Mexican feast in no time. Get ready to enjoy some of the best fajitas you've ever tasted!
Chicken fajitas are one of our favorite easy weeknight meals.
The ingredients are simple, and they can be tailored to fit whatever we have on hand.
This Blackstone fajita variation is incredibly delicious - the extra layer of charred flavor from the Blackstone griddle takes them over the top!
So give them a try tonight - your family will love them!
Ingredients for Making Fajitas on the Blackstone
- Oil: I like avocado oil for high heat cooking, but use your favorite. I don’t recommend extra virgin olive oil for cooking on a Blackstone.
- Lime Juice: Freshly squeezed lime juice has the most flavor, but bottled works.
- Seasonings: Chile powder, salt, garlic powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper add the right punch of flavor. Paprika, onion powder, oregano, and black pepper are great additions.
- Chicken: I used boneless skinless chicken breast, but chicken thighs would also work.
- Onions: Yellow, white, or red onions will all work.
- Bell Peppers: You can use any combination of colors.
- Tortillas: Use corn tortillas or fajita-size flour tortillas.
Tips & Tricks
- I use a custom blend of seasonings, but feel free to use a packet of fajita seasoning if you prefer. (Taco seasoning works too.)
- Craving steak fajitas? Flank steak, skirt steak, or hanger steak are good options.
- Shredded Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Lime Wedges
- Tomatoes or Salsa
Tools Needed to Make Blackstone Chicken Fajitas
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying sales.
Leftovers may be stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator for three days.
How to Make Chicken Fajitas on the Blackstone
For the full recipe, see the recipe card below.
To make this Blackstone fajita recipe, slice the chicken into thin strips.
Next, combine the oil, lime juice, and spices in a mason jar or blender. Shake or process until the mixture is combined.
Put the sliced chicken breast in a shallow dish or bowl and pour the fajita marinade over it.
Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
Next, heat your Blackstone grill to medium-high heat and brush it with a thin layer of oil.
Add the peppers and onions on one side of the griddle and the chicken to the other side.
Cook until the chicken is cooked through (the internal temperature should be 165° F), and the veggies are lightly charred.
Remove from the heat.
Heat the tortillas until warm, about 1 minute. (Let the cooked fajitas rest while the tortillas are warming.)
Serve the meat and veggies in the tortillas with your favorite toppings.
More Blackstone Griddle Recipes to Try
- The Blackstone griddle is a great way to cook chicken quesadillas. The griddle evenly cooks the quesadillas, giving them a crispy texture. You can top the quesadillas with your favorite toppings, such as salsa, sour cream, or guacamole.
- If you're looking for a delicious and unique way to prepare potatoes, look no further than the Blackstone griddle! This cooking method is perfect for those who love crispy potatoes with a bit of a crunch. Best of all, it's incredibly easy to do!
- Looking for a fun and easy dish to make? This Blackstone griddle fried rice is perfect! It's simple to make, and it's a great way to use up leftover rice. Plus, the vibrant colors will add some excitement to your dinner table.
- Looking for a delicious and easy chicken recipe? Look no further than this Blackstone griddle chicken recipe! With just a few simple ingredients, you can have a mouth-watering meal that the whole family will love.
- Blackstone teriyaki chicken is an easy to make family favorite that is better than take out!
- Blackstone Griddle
- ½ cup avocado oil or your favorite high heat oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chile powder
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken cut into ¼ inch strips
- Oil for the griddle
- 2 yellow onions sliced
- 2 bell peppers cut into strips
- 8 tortillas corn or fajita-sized flour
- For Serving: shredded cheddar cheese sour cream, lime wedges, tomatoes, cilantro or salsa
- Combine the avocado oil, lime juice, chili powder, salt, garlic powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper in a mason jar or blender.
- Shake or blend until well mixed..
- Place the chicken in a shallow dish and pour the marinade over it. Allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and discard.
- Heat your Blackstone griddle to medium-high heat.
- Brush with avocado oil.
- Add the onions and peppers to one side of the griddle and the chicken to the other.
- Cook for about 6 to 9 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are lightly charred.
- Remove from the heat.
- Heat the tortillas until warmed through, about 1 minute.
- Serve the meat and veggies with the warm tortillas and desired toppings.