This crockpot pizza casserole recipe will be a hit at your next family dinner. This recipe combines layers of pasta, gooey cheese, and your favorite pizza toppings, all slow-cooked to perfection. With less than 15 minutes of hands-on time, you'll have a mouthwatering dish that's as enjoyable to prepare as it is to eat.
Love pizza? How about comforting casseroles?
Then buckle up because we're about to embark on a journey that combines the best of both worlds.
Slow cooker pizza casserole is perfect for busy weeknights, casual gatherings, and any time you want to indulge in a hearty, cheesy meal. It is an easy dinner recipe you’ll want to make again and again.
The magic of this crockpot pizza casserole recipe lies in its simplicity and versatility.
Imagine layers of pasta, your favorite pizza toppings, and generous amounts of cheese, all slow-cooked in a crockpot.
The result is a mouthwatering fusion of flavors and textures that will satisfy even the pickiest of eaters. Best of all, this dish can be customized to suit your preferences—whether you are a meat lover, a veggie enthusiast, or somewhere in between.
Ready to get cooking? Let’s get started! This crock pot pizza bake is sure to become a favorite of your entire family.
- Pasta: Use a short pasta like rigatoni, penne, or ziti for this recipe.
- Ground beef: Substitute with ground turkey, Canadian bacon, or Italian sausage if desired.
- Garlic and seasonings: Minced garlic, Italian seasoning, onion powder, and sea salt will create an irresistible flavor profile.
- Sliced Pepperoni: Dice the pepperoni slices into small pieces before adding it to the crockpot.
- Marinara sauce: You can use your favorite store-bought pizza sauce or spaghetti sauce, but I much prefer homemade. Give my crockpot marinara a try.
- Cheese: Shredded mozzarella and parmesan will give this slow cooker pizza casserole recipe its signature gooey texture and flavor.
Step by Step Instructions
For the full crock pot pizza casserole recipe with measurements, see the recipe card at the end of the post.
Boil the pasta in a pot of salted water according to package directions, reducing the cooking time by 2 minutes from what is recommended.
Tips & Tricks
- Experiment with Toppings: Don't limit yourself to traditional pizza toppings. Feel free to experiment with unique combinations. For a gourmet twist, try sun-dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, black olives, or even a sprinkle of feta cheese. Or add in your favorite pizza toppings like bell peppers, mushrooms, and onion.
- Consider Your Cheese: While mozzarella is a classic choice, mixing in different types of cheese can add more depth to your dish. Consider sharp cheddar, creamy ricotta, or even a touch of smoky gouda.
- Don’t Overcook: Crockpots can vary in heat intensity. Keep an eye on your casserole during the final stages of cooking to prevent it from becoming too dry. You can always stir in a little extra marinara if you need to.
- Allow to Rest: Once the cooking process is complete, rest your pizza hotdish in the crockpot with the lid off for a few minutes before serving. This allows the flavors to meld together and makes it easier to serve.
- For Low Carb Pizza Casserole: Skip the pasta and add a pound of sauteed beef or pork Italian sausage instead. If you are following a keto diet, make sure to use a sugar-free marinara sauce.
While pizza pasta casserole in the crock pot is a hearty meal in itself, it can be perfectly paired with a variety of sides.
If you're looking to indulge, air fryer garlic bread makes an excellent accompaniment, soaking up the sauce and complementing the cheesy goodness of your delicious pepperoni casserole from the crock pot.
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying sales.
- Slow Cooker - Use a multi-cooker like an Instant Pot Dutch Oven or Ninja Foodi PossibleCooker or a crockpot
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days. (They will taste even better the next day!) Redhead in the oven or microwave.
More Slow Cooker Recipes to Try
- Mexican night just got a little easier - and tastier - thanks to these slow cooker chicken fajitas.
- Crockpot lasagna with ricotta is special enough for entertaining but easy enough for a weeknight meal.
- For a fun meal that everyone will love, these Crockpot buffalo chicken sliders are perfect.
- Comfort food doesn't get any better than slow cooker chicken alfredo pasta.
Crockpot Pizza Casserole
- Cook the pasta in a pot of salted water according to package directions, reducing the cooking time by 2 minutes from what is recommended.
- Drain and add to your slow cooker.
- While the pasta is cooking, cook the ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 6 minutes crumbling with the back of a spoon. Add the garlic, Italian seasoning, onion powder, and salt and cook for 1 more minute.
- Drain excess grease and transfer the beef mixture to your slow cooker. Toss with the pasta. Add the pepperoni and marinara sauce and stir to combine.
- Stir in ¾ of the mozzarella cheese. Cover and cook over low heat for 3 hours.
- Top with the remaining mozzarella and parmesan and cover until the cheese melts.