For an easy recipe that will have your friends and family begging for more, Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Sliders are perfect. Tender, slow-cooked chicken is tossed in a spicy sauce and served on slider buns with all your favorite fixings. You get all the flavor of buffalo chicken wings in an easy-to-make dish that works for a weeknight meal, potluck, game day, or even a holiday buffet.
Everyone loves a good slider.
There’s something about the soft bun, tender meat, and delicious toppings that makes these sandwiches irresistible.
And when you add buffalo sauce into the mix? Well, that just takes things to a whole new level.
These Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Sliders are perfect for feeding a crowd.
No matter what the occasion, they are sure to delight!
Ingredients for Making This Buffalo Chicken Sliders Recipe
For the Chicken
- Boneless Chicken: You can use skinless chicken breasts or thighs. Since they have more fat, many people find that chicken thighs are more flavorful.
- Buffalo Sauce: I typically use Frank's buffalo wing sauce, but you can use your favorite brand.
- Butter: Unsalted butter works best, but if you only have salted on hand, just decrease the additional salt called for in the recipe and then adjust the seasonings at the end.
- Smoked Paprika: This adds a smoky flavor that rounds out the dish. If you don't have any on hand, you could use regular paprika instead.
- Garlic Powder: This is my favorite easy way to add garlic flavor, but you could also use fresh minced garlic.
- Salt and Pepper: I like sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Slider Buns or Small Rolls: I like to use slider buns, but you could also use small dinner rolls.
- Ranch Dressing: I always have some on hand for dipping, but you could also serve these sliders with blue cheese dressing or your favorite sauce.
- Bleu Cheese Crumbles: Crumbled blue cheese is perfect for sprinkling on these sliders, but feel free to omit it if you're not a fan. Or you can use a different cheese. Mozzarella cheese and cheddar cheese are both great options.
- Tomato Slices and Lettuce: These are my favorite toppings, but you could also add pickles, onions, or any other fixings you like.
Tips & Tricks
- The easiest way to shred cooked chicken is in the bowl of a stand mixer. Once I made shredded chicken this way, I never looked back. If you don't have one, just use forks to tear the meat apart.
- If you want a bit more of a kick, add some cayenne pepper to the sauce. Start with a little and then add more to taste.
- If you're serving these sliders to kids or those who don't like spice, you can reduce the hot sauce. (And make sure you use a mild sauce.)
- If you want to make this slow cooker buffalo chicken low carb, omit the bun and use a lettuce wrap.
Want to turn this into a meal?
Crockpot shredded buffalo chicken sliders go well with so many different sides. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Sour Cream Potato Salad
- Instant Pot Potato Salad
- Baked Macaroni and Cheese
- Blue Cheese Coleslaw
- Celery sticks, cherry tomatoes, and carrots.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does Buffalo Sauce taste like?
Buffalo sauce is a vinegar-based hot sauce that usually contains cayenne pepper, garlic, and butter. It has a tangy flavor with just the right amount of heat.
Can you put raw meat in a slow cooker?
Yes, you can put raw chicken in a slow cooker.
Make sure the chicken is cooked through before serving crock pot buffalo chicken.
An easy way to test it is to use a meat thermometer. Chicken is cooked through when it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Tools Needed to Make Buffalo Sliders
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying sales.
- Slow Cooker
- Forks or a stand mixer
- Instant Read Thermometer
Leftover chicken can be kept in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Once the sliders are put together, they are best served immediately. (If you make them too far ahead of time, your bottom bun will get soggy.
You can freeze the cooked chicken. Let it cool completely, and then store it in a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months.
Reheat your buffalo chicken in the microwave, oven, or on the stovetop.
How to Make Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sliders
First, start by placing the chicken, hot sauce, butter, smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a slow cooker.
Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours. (The cook time can vary depending on your slow cooker.)
When the cooking time is up, uncover and shred the chicken using forks or the paddle attachment of a stand mixer. (The mixer idea sounds crazy, but trust me, it is a game changer!)
Return the chicken to the slow cooker and stir the liquid and chicken together.
Taste and adjust the seasonings as necessary. (I usually add a bit more salt and pepper.)
Toast the buns if desired. (I like to do this for extra flavor, but it is optional.)
Place the chicken on the bottom half of the buns and top with ranch dressing, blue cheese, tomato, and lettuce.
Finish with the top half of the bun. Serve immediately.
More Crockpot Recipes to Try
- Crockpot Scalloped Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Eggplant Parmesan
- Crockpot Taco Soup
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Potatoes
- Crockpot Salsa Chicken
Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs
- 1 cup Buffalo sauce
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 slider buns
- Ranch dressing for serving
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Tomato slices and lettuce
- Place the chicken, hot sauce, butter, smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or high for 3 to 4.
- When the cooking time is up, uncover and shred the chicken using forks or the paddle attachment of a stand mixer.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings as necessary.
- Toast the buns if desired.
- Place the chicken on the roll bottoms and top with ranch dressing, blue cheese, tomato, and lettuce.
- Finish with the bun tops.