Discover the satisfaction of making Air Fryer Garlic Bread at home. This recipe delivers a perfect balance of a crispy exterior and a soft, garlicky center, all achieved in just 15 minutes. Whether you need a quick and easy side or are craving the comforting taste of garlicky bread, you will love this garlic bread recipe.
Get ready to rock your kitchen with this air fryer garlic bread recipe.
Whether you're hosting a big family dinner or just chilling on a casual night, this air fryer garlic toast is a surefire hit.
Garlic bread in an air fryer is super simple to whip up but tastes like a million bucks. Imagine crispy toast loaded with garlicky, buttery goodness - it's a great way to put a smile on anyone’s face.
So, buckle up as we take you step-by-step through the process of making this tasty treat, making sure you have as much fun cooking it as you will eating it.
- Bread: I prefer using Italian bread when I air fry garlic bread, but feel free to experiment with what you have on hand.
- Butter: Unsalted butter works best for this recipe and should be at room temperature to ensure it melts evenly.
- Garlic: Freshly minced garlic will pack the most flavor-punch, but you can also use pre-minced garlic or frozen garlic.
- Seasonings: Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and sugar are used to season the bread for that extra kick of flavor. The sugar isn't essential, but it provides a nice balance of flavor. If you don’t have Italian seasoning, I recommend adding dried parsley to the garlic butter.
Step by Step Instructions
For the full recipe with measurements, see the recipe card at the end of the post.
Tips and Tricks for Making Garlic Bread
- Preheating the Air Fryer: Just like an oven, preheating your air fryer before cooking can result in more evenly cooked and crispy bread.
- The Right Bread: A bread like a baguette or a rustic Italian loaf tends to work best for garlic bread as it holds up well to the toppings and air frying process. Use thick-cut bread to make garlic toast in the air fryer.
- Fresh Garlic is Best: Using fresh garlic will give your bread a more robust flavor compared to garlic powder or jarred minced garlic.
- Butter Temperature: Make sure your butter is at room temperature. Softened butter will make it easier to mix with the garlic and spread on the bread.
- Add Cheese Last: If you want to make cheesy garlic bread, add parmesan cheese during the last few minutes of cooking. This will prevent the cheese from burning while still allowing it to melt nicely on top.
- Experiment with Herbs: Don't be afraid to experiment with different herbs like parsley, oregano, or basil to add extra flavor to your garlic bread.
How long does garlic bread take in an air fryer?
This will depend on your air fryer model, and how crispy you would like the garlic bread. Generally, this recipe takes about 6 to 8 minutes at 375 °F in most air fryers, but this can vary. Additionally, subsequent batches will cook more quickly than your first batch.
Can I use different types of bread for garlic bread?
Yes! This recipe works great with Ciabatta, Italian or French bread, but you can also try other types of pre-sliced sandwich bread or dinner rolls. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
Store leftover garlic bread in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days. Reheat the bread in your air fryer for best results.
You can store it in the fridge for up to one week or the freezer for up to three months. Reheat frozen garlic bread by placing in in foil and placing it in a 350° F oven. Bake until warmed through.
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying sales.
- Air Fryer
- Bread Knife
More Side Dish Air Fryer Recipes to Try
- Get restaurant-quality french fries at home with these Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Fries.
- Air Fryer Onions are super-simple to make and a great way to elevate your meal.
- For a simple side that is the perfect complement to steak or chicken, give these Air Fryer Mushrooms a try.
- Air Fryer Mac and Cheese is easy to make and loved by everyone!
Air Fryer Garlic Bread
- Air Fryer
- 1 loaf Italian bread
- ½ cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon sugar
- Sliced the bread lengthwise, and then in half so that it will fit into your air fryer.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, garlic, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, and sugar.
- Spread the mixture on the bread.
- Place the bread in your air fryer basket.
- Air fry at 375 ° F for 6 to 8 minutes, cooking in batches if necessary.