This post is part of The Recipe Redux. Make sure you check out all of the other nut recipes below.
Of all the foods, I would be lost without, I’d have to say nuts would be at the top of my list. (Wine and coffee don’t count as foods, right?)
They make near-daily appearances in my salads and are also my go-to snack.
I often buy my nuts raw, and I’m quite happy to eat them this way. However, being a salty girl I enjoy them much more when they are seasoned.
Lately, I’ve been playing around with various nut seasonings, and it has become a regular thing around out house. It is so simple to do in the crock pot, and I love that I’m saving money AND in control of every ingredient that goes into them.
These Spicy Slow Cooker Almonds are a great snack. They are the kind of thing you want to have on hand during the holidays when guests arrive. I always feel so on the ball when I have homemade snacks like this. (No one needs to know you spent all of 5 minutes on them!)
By the way, if you are looking to make a salad special this is a great way to accomplish that! I especially like these with a soft cheese like goat cheese and a little sweetness from fresh or dried fruit.
Spicy Slow Cooker Almonds
- 4 cups whole raw almonds
- 2 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons ground pepper
- Place the lid on your slow cooker and turn to high. Heat for 25 minutes. Add almonds, oil, garlic, paprika, onion powder, sea salt and ground pepper. Reduce heat to low and cook for 2 hours, stirring often.
- Turn heat to high and cook uncovered for 30 minutes, stirring often. Serve warm or cool.
Recipe NotesServings 8, Calories 121, Fat 11.3g, Carbohydrates 4.1g, Protein 3.2g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 469mg, Potassium 120mg, Fiber 1.8g, WW Pts 3