This Smoky Roasted Red Pepper Hummus is an easy to make hummus recipe that you can feel good about eating! A great healthy vegan snack that the whole family will love.
I saw a t-shirt a while back that said "Hummus is a Food Group" and I couldn't agree more.
It is one of those great foods that is over the top delicious, but also packed with nutrients. It has always been a go-to snack for me, and this Smoky Roasted Red Pepper Hummus is one of my all time favorites!
I love to serve it with fresh veggies and Van’s Simply Delicious® Crispy Whole Grain Baked Crackers. Van’s Simply Delicious® are gluten free and baked with oats, brown rice, millet, quinoa, and amaranth! With no artificial flavors or hydrogenated oils and 16 grams of nutrient dense whole grains, this is a snack with simple, clean ingredients that I can feel good about eating.
You can pick up Van's Gluten Free Crackers at Target![/caption]
Now I do have something bad to say about Van’s Simply Delicious®.
If you let your children taste them, they will magically disappear. They aren't those gluten free crackers that taste like flax seeds or that has the texture of Styrofoam.
Just after I took this photo, Alex came into the kitchen looking for something to eat. At 11, he is always hungry. (I fear my grocery bills in a couple of years.)
Oh, but no.
He declared they were great and the next thing I knew he and Christian were shoveling the crackers from the platter into bowls and getting Skye in on the action.
Smoky Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- 1 ½ cups cooked chickpeas drained and rinsed (1 can)
- ¼ cup roasted red peppers drained
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- For serving: Van’s Simply Delicious® Gluten Free Crackers carrot sticks, celery sticks and grape tomatoes
- In a food processor, combine chickpeas, roasted red peppers, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, smoked paprika, salt and black pepper.
- Serve with Van’s® Gluten Free Crackers carrot sticks, celery sticks and grape tomatoes.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Van's Foods. The opinions and text are all mine.