Looking for a delicious wholesome snack that still satisfies your sweet tooth? Frozen yogurt bites are the perfect solution! These little treats are easy to make and can be customized to include your favorite flavors. Plus, they're a great way to use up any leftover yogurt you have.
Summer is in full swing and that means one thing for most people: ICE CREAM!
Well, today we're not talking about regular ice cream. We're here to show you how to make Frozen Yogurt Bites.
They are a healthy and delicious snack option for those hot summer days.
These frozen yogurt bites are the perfect snack to have on hand when you're looking for something sweet but don't want to overindulge.
They're also great for satisfying those late-night cravings. So go ahead and make a batch (or two) today! Your taste buds will thank you.
Yogurt Bites are easy to make ahead, and once they are frozen, you can remove them from the pan and store them in a baggie in the freezer.
Yogurt Bites Ingredients
- Quick-cooking oats or quinoa flakes
- Almond butter or peanut butter
- Coconut oil
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Lemon zest and juice
- Vanilla extract
- Strawberries or raspberries
- berries, coconut flakes
How to Make Frozen Yogurt Bites
Making frozen yogurt bites could not be simpler.
First, you'll need to line a mini-muffin tin with paper liners. Then, in a food processor combine oats (or quinoa flakes), walnuts, honey, almond butter (or peanut butter), coconut oil, cinnamon, and salt.
Process until the mixture is crumbly. Next, press the mixture into the bottom of each muffin cup.
Now it's time to make the yogurt filling. In a blender, combine plain Greek yogurt, lemon zest, juice, and vanilla extract.
Process until smooth then transfer the mixture to a bowl.
Add ¾ cup of the yogurt mixture back to the blender, and add the blueberries. Process until smooth and then divide among the muffin tins.
Freeze for 15 minutes.
Add the remaining three-quarters of a cup of the mixture then add it back into the blender with either strawberries or raspberries.
Process until smooth then divide the mixture among the muffin cups. Freeze for fifteen minutes then remove from the freezer and top with your favorite toppings.
We like to add a few extra berries or some coconut flakes. Enjoy!
If You Like These Yogurt Bites You May Also Like:
Frozen Yogurt Bites
- 2 ¼ cups plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup blueberries
- ¾ cup strawberries or raspberries
For topping: berries, coconut flakes
- Line a mini-muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a food processor, combine oats, walnuts, honey, almond butter, coconut oil, cinnamon, and salt. Process until crumbly.
- Press mixture into the bottom of the prepared muffin tin.
- Combine yogurt, lemon and vanilla in a blender and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Add ¾ cup of the yogurt mixture back to the blender and add blueberries. Process until smooth.
- Divide blueberry mixture among the muffin tins and freeze for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, rinse blender and add another ¾ cup of the yogurt mixture and either strawberries or raspberries to it. Process until smooth.
- Remove muffin tin from the freezer and add plain (white) yogurt mixture. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Add strawberry yogurt mixture and top with berries and coconut flakes. Freeze for 2 hours, until firm.
- Allow to sit at room temperature for 5 minute prior to serving.