This Gluten Free Macaroni and Cheese is perfect when you are craving comfort food! It is an easy make ahead casserole your family crave time and again.
While I do my best to eat right most of the time, I will be the first to admit that I am nowhere near perfect.
I love good wine.
Think life without pasta would be…sad.
And I love anything rich and creamy.
So as you might guess, cheesy pasta is a favorite of mine. (Preferably enjoyed with a glass of wine.)
My kids all agree! (About the Macaroni and Cheese thing, not the wine thing.)
In fact, macaroni and cheese is the dish that they request most often.
When the boys were little, they dubbed my macaroni and cheese recipe “Mom’s World Famous.” It was one of the few dishes that everyone in our family agreed upon with enthusiasm. (My boys typically don’t agree on food.)
Today’s Gluten-Free Macaroni and Cheese is a version of that recipe.
I’ve used a bit less cheese to keep the calories in check. If you are in the mood for all-out indulgence, feel free to use more! (I won’t judge.)
I like quinoa pasta, but any pasta will work. (Just remember that most gluten free pastas do better with a little oil in the cooking water!)
Served with a big salad, or Garlic Roasted Broccoli, this makes a fabulous weeknight meal that your family will crave!
What are your favorite indulgent foods?
If You Like This Gluten Free Macaroni and Cheese You May Like These Gluten Free Pasta Recipes:
- Southwestern Pasta
- Skinny Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
- Creamy Roasted Garlic and Tomato Quinoa Penne
- Cheesy Tomato Basil Casserole with Quinoa Penne
- Southwestern Quinoa Pasta Salad
Gluten Free Macaroni and Cheese
This Gluten Free Macaroni and Cheese is perfect when you are craving comfort food! It is an easy make ahead casserole your family will ask for time and again.
- 8 ounces gluten free pasta I used quinoa pasta
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons gluten free flour
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese grated
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs gluten-free
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and cook for two to three minutes, stirring frequently. Add milk and cook until thickens, about four minutes. Turn heat to low and add cheddar cheese. Cook until cheese melts, stirring occasionally. Stir in mustard, sea salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and stir in cooked pasta. Place in a medium baking dish and top with breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow to sit for 10 minutes prior to serving.