These Steak Gyros are the perfect solution for your weeknight meal plan. This easy to make gyro recipe is one the whole family will love.
This post is brought to you by Udi's Gluten Free. All opinions are my own.
Steak Gyros Are A Fabulous Weeknight Meal!
I’ve loved Gyro’s since I was a little girl.
I have such vivid memories of going to the mall with my Mom and getting a Gyro at the food court. I loved shopping, but lunch out with my Mom was the real treat. Apparently, food has always been important to me.
While my taste buds have grown up from the food court, I’ve been tempted more than once to indulge in a Gyro at one of my favorite Greek restaurants since going gluten free.
I'd say it was one of my biggest temptations!
I don’t, of course. Because in the end it just isn’t worth it.
What I do instead is make Gyros at home.
I love gyros of all kinds, but these Steak Gyros are always a fabulous treat!
I love these with Udi’s Gluten Free Tortillas. They are my favorite gluten free tortillas by far!
My favorite way to prepare them is to spray the skillet with oil and then brown them on one side. Flip and cook until they puff up slightly. Then I fill them and serve warm.
Do you miss certain foods from your pre-gluten free days?
Tools for Making this Steak Gyro Recipe
As an Amazon Associate, I Earn From Qualified Sales
Gluten Free Steak Gyros
- 16 ounces steak
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 small red onion sliced
- ¼ cup fresh dill chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 8 gluten free tortillas
- 1 tomato seeded and chopped
- ½ cup Feta Cheese
- Tzatziki Sauce
- Heat a grill pan to medium-high heat. In a small bowl combine garlic powder, oregano, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle over steaks.
- Cook steaks on the grill pan to the desired doneness. Remove from heat and allow to sit for 10 minutes prior to slicing.
- Meanwhile, combine onion, dill and vinegar in a small bowl. Set aside. (This may be done ahead of time.)
- Heat a skillet to medium and heat tortilla until brown and slightly puffy. Transfer to plates.
- Top tortillas with steak, onions, tomato and feta cheese. Drizzle with tzatziki sauce and serve warm.