This Goat Cheese Crostini with Orange Peach Salsa is the perfect appetizer to enjoy with a glass of white wine. It is easy to make and so delicious!
This is a sponsored post brought to you by Gloria Ferrer Wines. All opinions are my own.
If I had to pick a favorite time of year, it would have to be spring. I love everything about this time of year, mostly because my favorite place to be is outside.
There is nothing better than celebrating something you love with simple but elegant entertaining.
So today, let's celebrate!
Recently I had the opportunity to try Gloria Ferrer wines, which are reason enough to celebrate year around. Today I've got a simple appetizer recipe for you that is perfect for entertaining.
[clickToTweet tweet="Goat Cheese Crostini with Orange Peach Salsa" quote="Goat Cheese Crostini with Orange Peach Salsa"]
Gloria Ferrer Caves & Vineyards opened in 1986 as Carneros' original sparkling wine house in breezy southern Sonoma County. It is owned by the Ferrer family of Spain and named for Jose' Ferrer's wife, Gloria. Not only was Gloria Ferrer the first sparkling wine house in Sonoma Carneros, but it was also the first to bring back clones from France to plant their vineyards. In the last five years, Gloria Ferrer wines have earned over 400 gold medals and earned 50 90+ scores.
I have to tell you - and this isn't a joke - Gloria Ferrer 2013 Carneros Chardonnay is my new favorite wine.
I've always been a Chardonnay girl, but I'm notoriously difficult to please. This wine is a lot like spring - I love everything about it.
The Chardonnay is aged for nine months on French Oak Barrels to increase its complexity. Although it would be lovely with fresh lobster and melted butter, today I've made you a simple Goat Cheese Crostini with an Orange Peach Salsa. I love how this played with the bright citrus flavors and lively acidity in the wine.
I also liked the Gloria Ferrer Carneros Pinot Noir, which emits aromas of black cherry, cedar, and spice with a smooth mouthfeel and long finish. We paired it with hard cheeses and a fig compote, and hubby was an especially big fan. He prefers reds, I prefer whites so entertaining with both is ideal for us.
Next time you are celebrating, be sure to include Gloria Ferrer Wines! (I know I will be!)
Goat Cheese Crostini with Orange Peach Salsa
- 3 Mandarin oranges peeled and diced (or 2 small oranges)
- 2 peaches peeled, pitted and diced
- 2 tablespoons diced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 1/1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 4 ounces goat cheese at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons milk
- For Serving
- 1 gluten free French Baquette, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine oranges, peaches, red pepper, red onion, lime juice and chives.
- In a small bowl, whisk together goat cheese and milk.
- Arrange bread slices in a single layer. Cook for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and spread goat cheese on each bread slice. Return to oven and bake another 5 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, top rounds with salsa and serve immediately.