Margaritas are the quintessential vacation drink, and also a fabulous option for game day. This Hibiscus Margarita is a new approach to a beloved cocktail that offers vibrant colors and a surprisingly delicious flavor twist. This one will make all the grown-ups happy!
This is a sponsored conversation brought to you by Torani. All opinions are my own. #ToraniTailgate
Game Day Just Got Better Thanks to This Hibiscus Margarita!
I grew up in a college town, so game day has always been a big part of my life.
As a young child, I wasn't a fan of football and resented being dragged along to games, or forced to watch them on our only TV at home.
As I got older, I caught the team spirit bug, and now I can honestly say that fall is my favorite time of year. Because of football!
I look forward to each game day, and get a little obsessive about how my team is doing.
As much as I love the game, I am even more passionate about planning the menu.
Because everyone knows you have to plan a great menu for tailgating. (Or homegating!)
First up, drinks!
I think you will love this Hibiscus Margarita just as much as I do! It is a fun twist on a classic and you may never look back to the original.
I've made it with Torani Sugar-Free Lime Syrup, which is such an easy way to add flavor to your drinks.
It mixes well and is crafted to bring out the best in your drinks. Made with simple and thoughtfully sourced ingredients, I love how Torani syrups inspire me to get creative!
The best part? One flavor can create endless recipes. Lime is great in this margarita, and would also be good to make lime soda and to add to a smoothie.
For a simple everyday treat, I like to stir a spoonful into iced tea.
How to Make a Hibiscus Margarita
1 First, make the hibiscus syrup. Bring water to a boil and add hibiscus tea or flowers. Steep for 30 minutes.
3 Transfer the tea to a glass container, and add the Torani Sugar Free Lime Syrup. (You can use plastic, but Hibiscus can stain a bit.)
4 Next, prepare your glasses. Combine sugar, salt, and cinnamon in a shallow bowl or plate.
5 Coat the rim of your glasses with lime juice.
6 And then dip in the sugar coating.
7 Finally, combine 1 1/2 ounces tequila, 2 ounces chilled hibiscus syrup, and 1 tablespoon lime juice in a cocktail shaker. Shake to combine and serve over ice.
Variations for This Recipe:
- To make a Spicy Hibiscus Margarita, thinly slice 3 serrano chile peppers. Divide among the 10 glasses and add a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes to each glass.
- For an fun twist, add 1 teaspoon orange extract to the Hibiscus Syrup.
Hibiscus Margarita Recipe
When game day arrives, few things hit the spot like a cold, refreshing drink! This drink has just 5-ingredients (other than the optional glass coating), and is so flavorful!
- 2 cups water
- 16 bags Hibiscus Tea or 1 cup hibiscus flowers
- 2/3 cup Torani Sugar Free Lime Syrup
For the Glasses
- 2 tablespoons erythritol or sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 lime juiced
Put it Together
- 20 ounces Silver Tequila
- 20 ounces Hibiscus Syrup
- 10 tablespoons lime juice
Make the Hibiscus Syrup
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add hibiscus tea or hibiscus flowers. Steep for 30 minutes.
- Drain. Add Lime Torani and stir well.
- Chill for at least an hour.
For the Glasses
- Combine sugar, salt, and cinnamon in a shallow bowl.
- Coat the rim of the glass with lime juice. Dip in the sugar mixture to coat.
For Each Drink
- Combine 2 ounces tequila, 2 ounces chilled hibiscus syrup, and 1 tablespoon lime juice in a cocktail shaker.
- Shake to combine.
- Serve over ice.
You May Also Like:
- Is there anything more perfect for game day than chicken wings? I think you are going to love these Air Fryer Chicken Wings!
- If a dip was more of what you had in mind, you will LOVE this Buffalo Chicken Dip.
- If you are looking for something special this fall, this Salted Caramel Cream Coffee can't be beat!
- Looking for a refreshing drink that is perfect for when you need to recharge? This Sparkling Raspberry Lemonade looks AMAZING!
- This Green Tea Lemon Drop is a delicious sugar-free twist on a classic! So easy to make and always a winner.