Margaritas are the quintessential vacation drink and a fabulous summer and game day option. This Hibiscus Margarita is a new approach to a beloved cocktail that offers vibrant colors and a surprisingly delicious flavor twist.
Who doesn't love a good margarita? Sweet, sour, and fizzy, these drinks have been a staple of summer entertaining for generations.
But why settle for an ordinary margarita when you can make something extraordinary? I'm talking about Hibiscus Margaritas!
This bright pink concoction will tantalize your taste buds with its unique combination of sweet and tart flavors. It's a beautiful addition to any party - and it couldn't be easier to make!
These margaritas are made with hibiscus tea, which provides the perfect balance of sweetness and tartness. Combined with tequila, each sip is like a mini-vacation in your mouth. The addition of lime juice gives the drink a refreshing tanginess that will make you want to keep sipping all night long.
And don't forget the sugar rim! By coating the glass with sugar, you get an extra touch of sweetness that takes this cocktail from great to amazing.
So get ready to be transported to paradise with this delicious Hibiscus Margarita cocktail recipe.
- Water: I use filtered water, but you could use tap water if you prefer.
- Hibiscus Tea: I use 16 hibiscus tea bags or 1 cup of dried hibiscus flowers. Hibiscus tea can be found at most grocery stores, health food stores, and online.
- Lime Syrup: I use ⅔ cup of lime syrup for the hibiscus syrup. You can buy lime syrup at many stores or make your own by combining freshly squeezed lime juice with some sugar and boiling it until the sugar is dissolved. (Torani is a popular brand but I am sure there are others.)
For the Glasses
- Sugar: Use granulated sugar or brown sugar.
- Salt: Salt helps to balance the flavors. You could use margarita salt if you happen to have it.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon is optional, but recommended.
- Lime Juice: I recommend using fresh lime juice.
Put it Together
- Tequila: Use your favorite brand and adjust the amount to your liking. You could use triple sec or cointreau in place of part of the tequila.
- Hibiscus Syrup: From above.
- Lime Juice: Fresh is best, but you could use bottled if you prefer. Make sure you have enough limes to garnish the glasses with a slice of lime.
How to Make a Hibiscus Margarita
Variations for This Recipe:
- To make a Spicy Hibiscus Margarita, thinly slice 3 serrano chile peppers. Divide among the 10 glasses and add a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes to each glass.
- For an fun twist, add 1 teaspoon orange extract to the Hibiscus Syrup.
- 2 cups water
- 16 bags Hibiscus Tea or 1 cup hibiscus flowers
- ⅔ cup lime syrup
For the Glasses
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 lime juiced
Put it Together
- 20 ounces Silver Tequila
- 20 ounces Hibiscus Syrup from above
- 10 tablespoons lime juice
Make the Hibiscus Syrup
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add hibiscus tea or hibiscus flowers. Steep for 30 minutes.
- Drain. Add lime syrup and stir well.
- Chill for at least an hour.
For the Glasses
- Combine sugar, salt, and cinnamon in a shallow bowl.
- Coat the rim of the glass with lime juice. Dip in the sugar mixture to coat.
For Each Drink
- Combine 2 ounces tequila, 2 ounces chilled hibiscus syrup, and 1 tablespoon lime juice in a cocktail shaker.
- Shake to combine.
- Serve over ice.
You May Also Like:
- Is there anything more perfect for game day than chicken wings? I think you are going to love these Air Fryer Chicken Wings!
- If a dip was more of what you had in mind, you will LOVE this Buffalo Chicken Dip.
- If you are looking for something special this fall, this Salted Caramel Cream Coffee can't be beat!
- Looking for a refreshing drink that is perfect for when you need to recharge? This Sparkling Raspberry Lemonade looks AMAZING!
- This Green Tea Lemon Drop is a delicious sugar-free twist on a classic! So easy to make and always a winner.
I have never had hibiscus margarita before but this sounds really refreshing. I would need this for my weekend relax time! Thank you for sharing the recipe.
This is so tempting and easy to make ..I will sure try this weekend!!
Hibiscus Margarita is one of the drinks I would really want to try soon. I hope to try your recipe. It seems very easy to do.
This hibiscus margarita looks amazing! I love the colour.
I don't drink but it looks delicious. I am sure my sister will love it as she always wanted to try new taste with her drinks.
This looks so delicious and easy to make. Will try it out his weekend, thanks for this recipe!
Emily M Fata
Oh my goodness, this looks like such a delicious recipe! With so many autumn parties coming up in the near future, this would be a great thing to make when either hosting your own, or being invited to someone else’s!
I love hibiscus! It is so flavorful and tasty. I'll have to give this one a go. I've done Hibiscus kombucha before and it was lovely!
I have never tried hibiscus margarita but it looks delicious to try. I like the way you shared the recipe in detail. Thanks for this.