I think you are going to love these Air Fryer Chicken Wings just as much as I do! They don't require a special occasion to make, with less than 10 minutes of hands-on time! You could be eating crispy wings in less than 30 minutes. This one is so easy that even your teens can make them. No Air Fryer? I've got oven baked instructions too!
You Need These Air Fryer Chicken Wings!
Growing up in a college town, it was understood that college students loved to go out to drink beer and eat wings.
I am not sure I ever had wings before college, but when I went I felt obligated to follow in the tradition. I can remember many afternoons with friends that were spent enjoying beer and wings. One of my favorite places to go had a great outdoor area that was the most amazing place to people watch.
I think I liked the people watching more than beer.
While the beer habit didn't stick, I love wings to this day.
These Air Fryer Chicken Wings are a classic recipe that works perfectly for casual entertaining. Of course, they are perfect for football season. But I think they work just as well for a family movie night or pool party.
I like to think of them as a blank slate. They are delicious served just as they are. (And this is something that I make my boys frequently.)
And they are also fabulous dressed up with sauces and dips. (Because everything is better with dips.)
They make a great appetizer, but I'll often double this recipe and make it a meal. Served with fresh veggies on the side and a dip, it is a meal that makes everyone happy.
How to Make Air Fryer Chicken Wings
Preheat - Preheat your Air Fryer to 400 degrees.
Dry - Remove as much moisture as possible from the wings by patting them with paper towels. Place them in zip top bags.
Mix Seasonings - In a small bowl, stir together the baking powder, garlic powder, sea salt, paprika and black pepper.
Toss - Add the seasoning mixture to the bag and shake to coat.
Spray -Spray the chicken with oil.
Cook - Place the wings in a single layer in your air fryer. Cook for 20 to 25 minutes, tossing after 10 minutes, or until the skin is crispy and the wings are cooked through.
Sauces to Try with This Recipe
Tools Needed to Make this Recipe
As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualified purchases.
- Zip Top Bags
- Air Fryer
Frequently Asked Questions
That is going to depend entirely on your Air Fryer. I have the Breville Smart Oven Air Fry, which is a large capacity oven that can handle the entire recipe. Most air fryers will require that you cook these in batches.
No, unlike frying in traditional oil, an air fryer does not smell up the house.
Air Fryer Chicken Wings
Air Fried Chicken Wings
- 1 pound chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Pat the wings with paper towels to remove as much moisture as possible.
- Place the wings in a zip top plastic bag.
- In a small bowl stir together baking powder, garlic powder, sea salt, paprika, and black pepper.
- Add the seasoning mixture to the bag and shake to coat.
- Remove the chicken from the bag and spray well with oil.
- Place the wings in your air fryer. (Depending on the model of your fryer, you may need to cook in batches.)
- Cook for 20 to 25 minutes, tossing after 10 minutes, or until the outset skin is crispy and the wings are cooked through.
Oven Baked Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the wings on the parchment paper. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until the outer skin is crispy.