Are you looking for a super easy side dish? It doesn’t get any easier than these Instant Pot Carrots! With just the right amount of sweetness, this recipe works just as well on a busy weeknight as it does on a holiday celebration.
What did we ever do without electric pressure cookers?
I don’t know about you, but my kitchen would be sad without my Instant Pots!
I love how easy they make almost any meal and how little hands-on prep time they require.
My latest obsession is this easy-to-make carrot recipe. It works for any occasion - from Tuesday night to Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas!
With almost no hands-on time, you have a delicious side that the kids will ask for again and again.
Ingredients for Making Pressure Cooker Carrots.
- Broth: I used homemade vegetable broth, but any kind works.
- Carrots: Baby carrots make this recipe fast and easy.
- Butter: Use unsalted and then adjust the seasonings to your liking. I love the flavor that butter impairs, but olive oil works too.
- Brown Sugar: If you prefer to avoid sugar, Swerve brown sugar alternative works great. You could also use honey if you like.
- Seasonings: Salt and pepper are all it takes to make this dish sensational. For a fun flavor twist, add ½ teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Lemon Juice: Don’t skip this - it makes the flavors pop.
Tips & Tricks
- Baby carrots make this glazed carrot recipe quick and easy, but feel free to peel whole carrots and slice them into chunks. Try to get them to a similar size as baby carrots, or adjust the cooking time for bigger or smaller pieces.
- I am a big fan of using a steamer basket, but this is one time where I don’t. I find you lose too much of the sugar-butter glaze than when cooking directly in the pot.
- Don’t have broth on hand? Use a half cup of water instead.
- Don’t overdo the cooking time! Carrots can quickly turn to mush, so make sure you cook for a maximum of four minutes.
Instant Pot Carrots are a deliciously easy side that works throughout the year!
- Serve them with Blackstone Chicken and a green salad tossed with homemade Italian Dressing
- Looking for a great option for Easter? This sugar free glazed ham recipe is fantastic. Round the meal out with Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes and Air Fryer Asparagus.
Frequently Asked Questions
I like this recipe better without one, but if you want to use one, I recommend waiting until the end of the cooking time to add the butter and brown sugar.
Avoid mushy candied carrots in the Instant Pot by making sure not to overcook them and release the pressure fairly soon after cooking.
Remember, you can always cook them a little longer (they will soften more just by replacing the lid and letting them sit warm for a few more minutes), but there is no saving them once they get too soft.
Tools Needed to Make Instant Pot Glazed Carrots
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying sales.
Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to four days.
Reheat them in the microwave or stovetop.
How to Make Instant Pot Baby Carrots
First, start by pouring your broth into the Instant Pot and then adding the carrots on top.
Dot the carrots with the butter, and then sprinkle the carrots with brown sugar, salt, and black pepper.
Add the lid to the pot and set to manual high pressure. Pressure cook for four minutes.
When the cooking time is done, allow the pressure to release naturally for three minutes, and then do a quick release.
Stir and add the lemon juice. Stir again and serve warm.
More Instant Pot Recipes to Try
- Instant Pot Chicken Tacos are a much-loved classic that never gets old! We make this at our house several times a month.
- This Instant Pot Red Potato Salad has a tangy vinaigrette dressing that will keep your taste buds singing.
- Black-eyed peas aren’t just for New Years! Make this Instant Pot Black-Eyed Pea recipe once, and you will find yourself turning to it again and again.
- Need an easy main course dinner that the whole family is going to love? Instant Pot Chicken Drumsticks are perfect.
15-Minute Instant Pot Baby Carrots
- Instant Pot
- ½ cup veggie broth
- 2 pounds baby carrots or regular carrots peeled and sliced
- ¼ cup butter cut into cubes
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Pour the broth into the Instant Pot.
- Place the carrots in the bottom of the pot.
- Top the carrots with the butter.
- Sprinkle with the brown sugar, salt, and black pepper.
- Add the lid to the pot and set to seal.
- Cook on high manual for 4 minutes.
- When the time is done, allow the pressure to release naturally for 3 minutes, and then do an instant release.
- Stir, and add lemon juice.
- Stir again. Serve warm.