With less than 10 minutes of hands-on time, you can create Ninja Creami Vanilla Ice Cream using simple ingredients that you probably already have on hand. Best of all, there is no cooking required - just a 24-hour freeze of the ice cream base and a quick whirl in your Ninja Creami ice cream maker. Let's roll up our sleeves and dive into making this delightful homemade vanilla ice cream.
Ready to master a classic dessert that will never go out of style? Vanilla ice cream in the Ninja Creami is absolutely magical.
This recipe requires less than 10 minutes of hands-on time, making it perfect for even the busiest of days.
Though you do need to freeze the base for 24 hours, most of the work is done by the Ninja Creami itself.
The result? A perfectly textured vanilla ice cream that's rich, creamy, and utterly indulgent.
By the end of this post, you'll be armed with a simple yet impressive Ninja Creami vanilla ice cream recipe (without cream cheese) that's sure to wow your family and friends. Let's get churning!
- Half and Half: This is a blend of equal parts whole milk and light cream, and it contributes to the rich and creamy texture of our recipe. If you're looking for a lighter option, you could substitute with milk or make it richer with heavy cream. For Ninja Creami vegan vanilla ice cream, unsweetened coconut cream or canned coconut milk would work well. You could also use unsweetened oat milk, but the texture won’t be quite the same.
- Sugar: It adds sweetness to our recipe. If you're trying to cut back on sugar, consider using natural sweeteners like honey or stevia. Remember, the sweetness level can always be adjusted to taste.
- Vanilla Extract: This gives our recipe its classic vanilla flavor. Powdered vanilla or vanilla bean paste could also be used.
- Salt: A little bit of salt can enhance all the other flavors in the recipe. Feel free to omit if you're watching your sodium intake, although it does make a difference in bringing out the flavors.
Step by Step
For the full vanilla ice cream recipe for the Ninja Creami with measurements, see the recipe card at the end of the post.
Tips and Tricks
- Use Quality Ingredients: Since vanilla ice cream has a very simple flavor profile, the quality of your ingredients can make a huge difference. Use good-quality vanilla extract for the best result.
- Don't Rush the Freezing Process: It might be tempting to process your Ninja Creami vanilla ice cream base before the 24 hours are up, but patience is key here.
- Experiment with Mix-Ins: Once you've mastered the basic vanilla recipe, feel free to get creative with add-ins. Chocolate chips, crumbled brownies, sprinkles, crushed cookies, or swirls of caramel or fruit sauce can all add an exciting twist to your homemade ice cream.
- Re-Spin If Necessary: if you don’t love the texture after the first spin, just give it a quick respin. Chances are, this will rectify the situation.
- Store Properly: To keep your ice cream as fresh as possible, store it in an airtight container in the freezer. If you're not planning to eat it right away, place a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface of the ice cream to prevent ice crystals from forming.
Why does my Ninja Creami ice cream taste greasy?
If you're finding that your Ninja Creami Ice Cream has a greasy taste, it's likely due to a high butterfat content in your ice cream mix. This can leave an unpleasantly cloying film in your mouth. The solution is to try using less cream and more milk in your recipe. (This is why we use half and half - in my experience, it is the perfect blend!)
Another reason could be over-churning your ice cream, which begins to turn the cream into butter, giving it a waxy texture. Fortunately, this isn't much of an issue with the Creami, since the processing time is so short.
What is the best freezer temperature for freezing a Ninja Creami Ice Cream Base?
The optimal freezer temperature for the Ninja Creami is between 9 and -7 degrees Fahrenheit.
This ensures that the ice cream base freezes properly and achieves the right consistency for churning. I have my freezer set to 0° F and it works perfectly. Ultimately, the exact temperature may vary based on individual freezers and personal preferences.
Remember that the Ninja Creami works best when the ice cream mixture is fully frozen, which typically requires about 24 hours.
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying sales.
More Frozen Treats to Enjoy
- For a caffeinated twist on a classic treat, our Ninja Creami Coffee Ice Cream blends your favorite morning brew with the creamy delight of ice cream.
- If you're in the mood for something tropical and refreshing, our Mango Sorbet is a vibrant dessert that captures the essence of summer in every bite.
- Our Peppermint Ice Cream is a minty-fresh delight, perfect for those who love a cool, invigorating dessert to cleanse the palate.
- Ninja Creami Lemon Sorbet is a zesty and light option, offering a tangy burst of citrus that's perfect as a refreshing finish to any meal.
Ninja Creami Vanilla Ice Cream (without Cream Cheese)
- Ninja Creami
- 1 ½ cups half and half
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Place the half and half, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt in a blender. Process until smooth. (Alternatively, you can place the ingredients in a bowl or in your Ninja Creami pint and use an immersion blender to combine.)
- Transfer to a ninja creami pint container and freeze for 24 hours.
- After 24 hours, remove the lid from the container and place in the outer bowl of the CREAMi. Install the creamerizer paddle to the lid of the outer bowl. Rotate the lid to lock and place on the until.
- Press the ice cream button and process according to the manufacturer’s instructions.