This is a sponsored post brought to you by GoGo Quinoa. All opinions are my own.
Pasta with Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce is a healthy alternative to your traditional alfredo sauce. With the option to make it with quinoa cream and the addition of GoGo Quinoa’s Supergrain Pasta, this is a gluten free pasta recipe you can feel good about serving!
Confession: While I like pumpkin, I’ve never been quite as crazy as the rest of the blogger world about it. Yes, I cook with it. But it isn’t like I’ve been counting down the days until it was officially pumpkin season.
That just changed.
This Pasta with Pumpkin Alfredo sauce is without question the best alfredo pasta I’ve ever made. It also falls into the top five pasta dishes I’ve ever made, and the only one in that category that I would consider healthy.
Healthy Alfredo Pasta? Sounds pretty impossible.
But when you use my quinoa cream and GoGo Quinoa’s Supergrains Pasta, you’ve got a healthier pasta dish that the whole family is going to adore. (And if you don’t have time to make quinoa cream, you can always use half-and-half. Not quite as healthy but I promise, it is a worthy splurge.)
You may remember that I introduced you to GoGo Quinoa with this Southwestern Pasta Recipe. Guys…I am seriously obsessed with their products. I love their Super Grains Pasta, which you can get at select Costco’s on the west coast. (To see if it is available in your area, go here. If it isn’t in your area yet, don’t worry – they ship.)
This pasta is the only gluten free pasta I’ve ever made that is good left over. If you popped into my house the day after I made this you would have found my youngest son and I fighting over the leftovers.
We are the official pasta lovers in the family, and both of us amazed that the pasta texture was still fantastic. You know how most gluten-free pasta gets hard the next day? There is none of that here.
I love that it has just four ingredients: Organic Sorghum Flour, Organic Quinoa Flour, Organic Amaranth Flour and Organic Chia Flour. It is so hard to find good gluten-free pasta that is vegan, rice free and corn free. Plus it is non-GMO Verified and Certified Gluten Free. How exciting is that?!
Make sure you head over to the GoGo Quinoa Website because they have a full line of products you are going to want to check out. We love their Quinoa Cookies, Quinoa Choco-Puffs, Chocolate Cake Mix and Quinoa Crunchies. Last night I wasn’t sure what I was going to do for dinner and was so glad I had a box of their Quinoa Vegetables Legumes. I added in some fresh veggies and had dinner ready in just 20 minutes! It was so good too!
Don’t forget to look for GoGo Quinoa Pasta at your Costco!
If you like this Pasta with Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce Recipe, You May Also Like:
- Southwestern Pasta
- 26 Healthy Pumpkin Recipes
- Pumpkin Quinoa Breakfast Casserole
- Pasta Primavera with Chicken
Pasta with Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce
- 12 ounces GoGo Quinoa Supergrains Pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter or Earth Balance
- 1 shallot chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon gluten free flour
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa cream or half and half
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup Parmesan or 1/3 cup nutritional yeast and 1/3 cup vegan parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. (Don’t forget the oil and salt in the water!)
- Meanwhile, heat butter in a large saucepan. Add shallot and cook for four minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Sprinkle with flour and stir to combine.
- Whisk in quinoa cream or half and half and bring to a simmer. Stir in pumpkin puree and cook for four minutes, until slightly thickened. Add Parmesan, salt and pepper and cook until the cheese is melted.
- To serve, drain pasta and immediately toss with sauce. Top with additional parmesan if desired.