Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce Pasta has the best flavors of fall in a delicious and healthy dish! I used gluten-free pasta in this easy creamy dish, but any pasta works. I’ve even got a dairy-free and vegan option. SO good!
Confession: While I like pumpkin, I've never been quite as crazy as the rest of the blogger world about it. Yes, I cook with it. But it isn't like I've been counting down the days until it was officially pumpkin season.
That just changed.
This Pasta with Pumpkin Alfredo sauce is without question the best alfredo pasta I've ever made. It also falls into the top five pasta dishes I've ever made, and the only one in that category that I would consider healthy.
Healthy Alfredo Pasta? Sounds pretty impossible.
But when you use my quinoa cream, you've got a lighter pasta dish that the whole family is going to adore. (And if you don't have time to make quinoa cream, you can always use half-and-half.)
If you like this Pasta with Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce Recipe, You May Also Like:
- Southwestern Pasta
- 26 Healthy Pumpkin Recipes
- Pumpkin Quinoa Breakfast Casserole
- Pasta Primavera with Chicken
Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce Pasta
- 12 ounces pasta gluten free
- 1 tablespoon butter or Earth Balance
- 1 shallot chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon gluten free flour
- 1 ½ cups quinoa cream or half and half
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup Parmesan or ⅓ cup nutritional yeast and ⅓ cup vegan parmesan
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. (Don’t forget the oil and salt in the water!)
- Meanwhile, heat butter in a large saucepan. Add shallot and cook for four minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Sprinkle with flour and stir to combine.
- Whisk in quinoa cream or half and half and bring to a simmer. Stir in pumpkin puree and cook for four minutes, until slightly thickened. Add Parmesan, salt and pepper and cook until the cheese is melted.
- To serve, drain pasta and immediately toss with sauce. Top with additional parmesan if desired.