This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #NestleHolidayBaking #CollectiveBias
I don’t know about you, but when we hit this time of year baking is one of the first things on my mind.
Every time I head to Walmart, I’m stocking up on staple baking items. That way when inspiration strikes I’ll be prepared!
This holiday season, I’m focusing on mixing up classic dishes with non-traditional alternatives. Thanksgiving wouldn’t be Thanksgiving, without pumpkin pie made with LIBBY’S® 100% Pure Pumpkin 15 oz, but I’ll also be offering less traditional options like today’s Pumpkin Flan.
If you are looking for holiday baking inspiration, a great place for inspiration is the Nestle Flavorful Moment Pinterest page. I also love their Very Best Baking page.
The Pinterest pages use great recipes using amazing fall ingredients. I love the seasonal NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Morsels, Pumpkin Spice. It wouldn’t be fall without pumpkin, and these morsels have just the right amount of cinnamon and spices to enhance your baking. I’m dying to make pumpkin muffins with them!
Speaking of pumpkin, LIBBY’S® Pumpkin 15 oz is 100% natural and pure. I love that it adds a nutritional boost to any dish, from sweet to savory. An excellent source of fiber, vitamin A and the antioxidant beta-carotene, LIBBY’S® Pumpkin, 15 oz, is the ingredient that makes fall delicious. (Tip: When you have leftover it freezes beautifully! Then you have it on hand for other dishes, like this Quinoa Salad with Spicy Pumpkin Vinaigrette.)
I’ve also used CARNATION® Milk products in today’s Flan. They’ve been helping make creamy, rich family favorites for generations.
The flan is simple to make! First you want to cook your sugar. I recommend starting over medium heat, but as soon as it starts to melt, reduce the heat to medium-low. This is the trickiest part of the recipe, and you will want to babysit your sugar!
Once it is liquid, transfer to your ramekins or flan pan.
Then blend the remaining ingredients in a blender or beat with an electric mixer. Pour them on top of the sugar and bake in a water bath until done. This will be anywhere from 60 to 90 minutes, depending on the size of your ramekins.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 NESTLÉ® Sweetened Condensed Milk 14 oz
- 1 can NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk 15oz
- 1/2 cup LIBBY’S® 100% Pure Pumpkin 15oz
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, melt the sugar. Stir often to avoid burning. As the sugar becomes liquid, reduce heat to medium-low and stir constantly to avoid burning.
- Transfer to a flan pan or ramekins and set aside.
- Beat eggs. Blend in NESTLÉ® Sweetened Condensed Milk, NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk, 15oz, LIBBY’S® 100% Pure Pumpkin, and vanilla until smooth. (This may be done with an electric mixer or in a blender.) Add to pan and cover.
- Place flan pan or ramekins in a large roasting pan. Fill the pan halfway up with water. Carefully move to preheated oven. Bake for 60 to 90 minutes, until set. (The amount of cooking time will depend on the size of your containers.)
- Remove from water bath. Chill for several hours or overnight.
- Run a paring knife around the edges. Tilt upside down on a plate.