This Quinoa Spectacular is a healthier twist on an old favorite! With just seven ingredients, it is a healthy easy casserole recipe you will love!
It is no secret that I rely on casseroles for easy family meals.
One of my favorite things to do is take a "traditional" dish and make it healthier.
I've done this with today's Quinoa Spectacular, which is a healthier alternative to the traditional Chicken Spectacular Casserole.
I've used my homemade Cream of Celery Soup, which I keep on hand in the freezer. But, feel free to use bought soup if you are short on time.
Starting with made or purchased soup, cooked tempeh or chicken and cooked quinoa, this is one of those casseroles that can be thrown together in a flash. It is the perfect example of how weekend prep sessions can help you stay sane during the week.
- 1 ½ cups cream of celery soup
- 1 pound chicken cooked (or tempeh)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 ½ cups cooked quinoa
- 1 ½ cups baby green peas thawed
- 4 ounces pimentos drained and chopped
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- 2 ounces sharp cheddar cheese grated
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 1 ½ quart casserole with olive oil and spread a generous spoon full of soup on the bottom. In a medium bowl combine chicken or tempeh, quinoa and salt. Spread half of the quinoa mixture on the bottom of the casserole dish. Cover with half of the peas and pimentos and then sprinkle half the almonds. Pour ½ of the soup over the top. Season with salt and fresh ground pepper. Top with remaining chicken and quinoa, peas, almonds and soup. Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 35 minutes, until golden brown.
Wendy, I think part of the recipe is missing....Number 3 is blank. 🙁 Can you please share the rest of the recipe? It sounds yummy, but your pics make my mouth drool. hehehe Thank you! 🙂
Sorry about that! There was an extra space in the html causing a #3 step to show, but it is just 1 and 2. Hope you enjoy it and sorry for the delay.