This Sausage and Spinach Pasta is a quick and easy weeknight meal that cost less than $10 to make! Perfect for the whole family!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Barilla® and Johnsonville®. The opinions and texts are all mine.
Before kids, I was all about complicated cooking. With a love of food and time on my hands, no recipe seemed too complex to tackle, no ingredient too difficult to source.
I have to laugh at my former self.
With three kids a solo grocery store trip feels like a vacation. Intricate recipes are a thing of the past.
Instead, I am all about simplicity. My ideal meal is one that is simple, delicious and budget friendly, like this Spinach & Sausage Pasta.
It is the perfect example of how simple and delicious can go hand in hand.
I love recipes like this one for our weekly pasta night. The family loves Barilla Blue Box pasta, which is Italy's #1 brand of pasta.
It makes a quick, easy, and versatile meal that makes everyone happy.
I like to combine the al dente perfection of Barilla pasta with Johnsonville Mild Italian Sausage to get a flavor-packed meal that comes together in a flash.
All of the spices and flavors are built right into Johnsonville Mild Italian Sausage making a delicious meal easy! Sausage is a great alternative to ground beef that keeps our meals interesting.
Of course, it is fantastic with pasta; Johnsonville Mild Italian Sausage also works well with sandwiches, pizza, soups and chilies.
This week, I picked up Barilla Pasta and Johnsonville Mild Italian Sausage at Kroger.
With them, I created this simple Sausage and Spinach Pasta. I love being able to feed the whole family a fast and easy meal for under $10.
Even better that it was a meal that every member of the family enjoyed.
Tools for Making Pasta with Sausage and Spinach
Sausage and Spinach Pasta
Sausage and Spinach Pasta
- 1 mild Italian Sausage or vegan sausage
- 16 ounces ziti pasta gluten free
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 12 ounces pasta sauce
- For serving: basil Parmesan cheese
- Cook sausage over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, turning often. Add ½ cup water to the pan. Reduce heat to medium-low and cover. Cook for 12 minutes.
- Remove sausage from the pan and add spinach. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper. Cook until wilted, about 3 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Slice sausage into rounds and chop spinach fine.
- Meanwhile, cook Ziti in boiling salted water for 10 minutes. Drain and toss with 1 cup pasta sauce and sausage.
- Garnish with basil and Parmesan cheese and drizzle with more sauce if desired.
If You Like Sausage and Spinach Pasta You May Also Like: