This Slow Cooker Refried Bean Dip is an easy and healthier alternative to traditional refried beans! Perfect for entertaining or game day.I’ve mentioned many times that I love college football, and a big part of the excitement for me is the food.
I love planning it, and I like eating it. On Saturday’s when the Gators play, I typically put out a big spread that serves as both lunch and dinner.
Some weekends, though, I’m not in the mood to spend hours in the kitchen. I’d much rather linger over my coffee in the morning, enjoy the cooler weather (i.e. not 100+ degrees) and watch the kids play in the yard. Sometimes I’ll even sneak in a little reading.
On those weekends, I keep things simple and rely on my slow cooker to do part of the work. Recipes like today’s Slow Cooker Refried Bean Dip come together in a matter of minutes and are something the whole family enjoys. If you want to kick things up a bit, make sure you use hot salsa!
I’ll be back tomorrow with another easy recipe that I love for Football Saturday’s.
This Slow Cooker Refried Bean Dip is an easy and healthier alternative to traditional refried beans! Perfect for entertaining or game day.
- 16 ounces refried beans
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt or Sour Cream may use dairy or non-dairy
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 3 ounces cream cheese dairy or non-dairy
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar or Daiya
- Combine beans, salsa, yogurt, chili powder, paprika and cumin in a slow cooker. Stir in cream cheese and cheese. Cover and cook on low for up to three hours.
- Serve with chips or veggies and top with hot sauce, jalapeno, cilantro and scallions if desired.
Servings 8, Calories 139, Fat 6g, Carbohydrates 12.7g, Protein 9.5g, Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 497mg, Potassium 296mg, Fiber 4g, Sugars 1.9g, WW Pts 5