This Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip is an easy twist on a classic appetizer recipe! It is sure to become a staple for simple entertaining.
Today, I’m bringing you a recipe that has so many things I love about it.
First up, it is made with a slow cooker. I mean, what’s not to love? Slow cooker recipes ROCK.
When I was younger, I would always plan elaborate menus that left me too exhausted to enjoy anything. The one thing that I’ve learned as I’ve gotten older is that an exhausted host is not a good host. Whether you are having friends over for a big game or are entertaining out of town guests, the slow cooker lets you enjoy the festivities without being chained to the kitchen.
Next, we’ve got the creamy, cheesy factor, which this has.
Round it off with some veggies, so you don’t have to feel entirely bad about a little indulgence, and you have a winner in my book.
And, oh, yeah. This Slow Cooker Spinach and Artichoke Dip is my favorite Spinach Artichoke Dip…..ever.
(And I’ve had more that I care to admit.)
Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 red onion chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup milk
- 14 ounces artichokes chopped
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach thawed and squeezed dry
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- 2 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray and heat to medium. Add onion and cook for 8 minutes. Add garlic and cook for one more minute. Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl. Stir in cream cheese and milk until well combined. Add artichokes, spinach, feta, Parmesan, red pepper flake and sea salt. Transfer to a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 2 hours. Keep on warm to server.