This Steak with Creamy Spinach & Parmesan is a simple but elegant meal that the whole family will enjoy. Perfect for your next grill out!
Last week we had this Steak with Creamy Spinach & Parmesan for dinner.
It was the perfect summer evening that overwhelmed me with gratitude.
If you have been reading for a while, you know that our family is location independent, but that for the last several years we have mostly divided our time between Florida and Arizona. While both places are perfect for Spring, Fall, and Winter, Summers have been a little rough.
The humidity in Florida just kills me. You would think that since I grew up there, I would have become used to it, but if anything it seems like it is harder to take the older I get.
Arizona feels better to me because of the dryness, but when it is 105 outside, I am certainly not planning a fun evening standing over a hot grill. The only thing I want to be doing at that point is lounging in the pool, preferably with a cold drink in hand.
This year, we are spending most of the summer in the mountains, and I pretty much feel like I won the lottery.
I am a total outside girl.
The Quality of Meat You Eat Matters!
You know that eating organic, grass-fed and ethically-raised animal protein is important, but sourcing it can be a challenge. Enter Butcher Box! Their monthly subscription service delivers a selection of hormone and antibiotic free cuts direct to your door, including 100% grass-fed and grass-finished beef, free range organic chicken and heritage breed pork.
Read my full Butcher Box Review for why they are my go-to company.
(The following link is an affiliate link)
Get 10% Off, Free Bacon & Free Shipping!
I don't mean that I am rough and tough and have great survival skills. (Maybe someday...or not.)
[clickToTweet tweet="For your next #grillout Steak with Spinach & Creamy Parmesan" quote="For your next #grillout Steak with Spinach & Creamy Parmesan"]
What I mean is that being outside when the weather is nice is what makes me happy.
There is something about going on a short hike with the kids and coming back to make a dish like this Steak with Creamy Spinach & Parmesan that takes me to my happy place.
I love hearing them playing in the yard while I get dinner ready, and then all of us staying outside until it gets dark and the bugs drive us inside.
Simple, happy times.
I hope that your summer is filled with them too.
If you like this Steak with Creamy Spinach & Parmesan, you may want to check out these recipes:
- Blue Cheese & Bacon Steak Salad
- Cheesy Mexican Steak Salad with Chipotle Lime Dressing
- Gluten Free Steak Gyros
Steak with Creamy Spinach & Parmesan
- 1 tablespoons unsalted grass-fed butter
- 1 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 pound spinach
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ cup heavy cream or quinoa cream
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lemon halved
- 1 tablespoon ghee or avocado oil
- 1 pound steak (grass-fed)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium high heat. Bring steaks to room temperature.
- Make the spinach by heating butter and avocado oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add spinach and garlic and cook until the spinach is wilted.
- Remove from pan and press into a colander, getting as much liquid out as you possibly can. Chop.
- Reheat the skillet to medium-high heat and add the cream. Cook for 5 minutes. Add in spinach and parmesan and season with salt and cayenne pepper.
- Meanwhile, add lemon to grill and grill for 4 minutes, or until well marked. Remove from grill or pan.
- Brush the pan or grill with oil. Season steaks with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Add steaks to the grill or grill pan and cook to desired doneness. Allow to rest for 10 minutes and then slice against the grain.
- To serve, place spinach on a plate and top with steak. Squeeze lemon over steak and top with additional parmesan if desired.