This post was sponsored by Fresh From Florida as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central, however, all opinions expressed are my own.
This Blueberry Granita is the perfect make-ahead dessert for your next party or cookout. It is light and refreshing, pleasing to kids and adults alike!
With our location independent lifestyle, I have traveled all over the United States.
Although I enjoy our adventures, every time I cross back across the Florida line, a sense of peace overwhelms me.
It feels like home.
There is so much that I love about being here, from the weather to the beaches.
One of my favorite things is the availability of fresh produce. I love how Florida Farmers make it so easy for everyone to enjoy fresh produce year-round.
I can never remember a time when I was in Florida, and there wasn't something fresh and local in the produce department to enjoy.
Right now, we are enjoying blueberries so much!
They are such a great snack by themselves, but also fantastic in recipes.
I’ve always blueberries on salads, like in this Mixed Green Salad with Blueberries and Maple Nut Quinoa Clusters.
I am a bit obsessed with fruit-based desserts, and one of my favorite things to enjoy blueberries is in desserts for parties and cookouts.
I couldn't love this Blueberry Granita more. It is light and refreshing, while still feeling very much like a dessert.
The kids love the color, and I love knowing that their “snow cones” are getting their color from fruit rather than artificial colors.
This is a great dessert to make ahead for your next party!
When you are shopping, looks for the Fresh From Florida label on produce and seafood!
- Combine blueberries, sugar, lemon juice in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool. Pour into a blender and process until smooth.
- Place a fine metal strainer over a bowl and drain. Discard solids. Pour into an 11 x 8 baking dish.
- Freeze for 45 minutes. Take a large fork and scrape frozen sections away from the edges of the pan. Stir center. Scrape ever 45 minutes, until the mixture is completely frozen.
- Scrape again just before serving.