This Edamame Quinoa Salad is a filling vegan quinoa salad that makes the perfect lunch or dinner! It is packed with flavor and texture, making it delicious enough for vegans and meat-eaters alike!
This year is already going by way to fast.
I can’t believe that in a little less than 14 weeks (give or take a couple of weeks) I’m going to have a little girl.
I’ve crossed exactly nothing off my to do list to get prepared. My purchases are limited to a couple of cute pink outfits. Despite the fact that this is my 3rd child I need everything -and I haven’t even started looking.
I’m sure I’ll get it all done but it doesn’t make me feel so good when all of the other Mommies on my birth board are bragging that the only thing they have left to get is a high chair.
(Aren’t we like 9 months or more from actually needing a high chair? It’s most likely going to be 8 months and 29 days – or longer- before I even start thinking about a high chair. I’m kinda feeling like an underachiever.)
But enough about my parenting deficiencies.
Let’s talk about something I’m doing a good job of – eating healthy.
After a few months of crappy eating I am solidly back on track. I’m drinking my green smoothies, eating my salads and of course enjoying lots of quinoa!
This salad was another winner. Healthy, filling and delicious.
Exactly what I need to fuel my extensive to-do list!
In Addition to this Edamame Quinoa Salad, you may also like these salad recipes.
- 1 ½ cups organic frozen edamame, cooked according to package directions
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 red pepper, seeded and diced small
- 3/4 cup diced pineapple
- ¼ cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons almonds, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil OR 2 tablespoons water + ¾ teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon coconut palm sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- If using chia gel in place of oil, combine chia seeds and water and mix well. Set aside until a gel forms.
- In a large bowl combine edamame, cabbage, quinoa, diced pepper, pineapple, raisins and almond.
- In a small bowl combine red wine vinegar, olive oil OR chia gel, coconut palm sugar, chili powder and garlic. Toss with quinoa mixture and serve either chilled or at room temperature.