You're going to love this recipe for Air Fryer Peanut Butter Cookies! They are such a fun twist on a classic. These cookies are crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. Best of all, they are easy to make and only require a handful of simple ingredients.
If you've never baked cookies in your air fryer before, you are in for a treat! The circulating air of the air fryer creates the perfect environment for baking perfect cookies.
They come out perfectly crispy on the outside and nice and chewy on the inside. And, since they cook so evenly, you don't have to worry about them burning.
So, if you're looking for a delicious and easy cookie recipe, give these Air Fryer Peanut Butter Cookies a try.
You won't be disappointed - these cookies are some of my favorite sweet treats.
Ingredients for Making Peanut Butter Cookies in the Air Fryer
- Flour: Use all-purpose flour
- Salt: Make sure you are using fine salt, not flakey.
- Baking Soda and Powder: For the best results, make sure both are fresh
- Butter: Use unsalted butter and ensure it is set at room temperature for at least an hour.
- Sugars: A blend of white and light brown sugar give just the right texture and flavor.
- Peanut Butter: I like crunchy peanut butter for texture, but if you prefer, you can use creamy peanut butter.
- Egg: You want one large egg.
- Vanilla: Use the best quality vanilla extract that you can.
Tips & Tricks
- Use a cookie scoop to drop the dough onto a parchment paper-lined plate or baking sheet. This will ensure they are even in size.
- If you want your cookies to be extra crispy, you can spray them lightly with cooking spray before cooking.
- Cook the cookies just until they are golden brown. Overcooking will result in dry, crumbly cookies.
- Allow the cookies to cool for a few minutes before removing them from the air fryer basket. This will help them set up and be less likely to fall apart.
- The cook time will vary depending on your air fryer. An air fryer oven will typically take a bit longer to cook than a basket-style oven.
- Serve these air fryer cookies with a glass of cold milk, and enjoy!
- Though non-traditional, feel free to add nuts. Peanuts, pecans, walnuts, and almonds all work in these easy air fryer cookies.
Frequently Asked Questions
The best way to know if these cookies are done is to look for them to be golden brown. You don't want to overcook them, or they will be dry and crumbly.
The fork marks are just for aesthetics and don't serve any particular purpose. But, they give the cookies a nice, homemade look and make this dessert more fun.
I like to use Jif or Skippy brands of peanut butter for making peanut butter air fryer cookies. Any brand will work fine, but you typically don't want to use natural peanut butter for air frying cookies.
Tools Needed to Make Air Fried Peanut Butter Cookies
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying sales.
- Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Liner (optional)
- Cookie Scoop
- Stand Mixer or hand electric mixer
- Cooling Rack
You can make the peanut butter cookie dough a day ahead of time and store the dough in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Store leftovers in a sealed container at room temperature for up to four days.
You can freeze this peanut butter cookie recipe for up to three months. To freeze, place on a parchment-lined baking sheet in the freezer for four hours. Once frozen solid, transfer to a freezer-safe container or bag.
How to Make Peanut Butter Cookies in the Air Fryer
First, mix the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder in a medium mixing bowl.
In the bowl of a stand mixer or a large bowl, if using a hand mixer, combine the butter and sugars over medium speed for 3 minutes.
Fold in the peanut butter and beat until incorporated.
Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the egg and vanilla.
Add the flour mixture, and beat until combined, being careful not to overbeat.
Preheat your air fryer to 325° F.
Use a cookie scoop or spoon to portion out the cookies. Roll into balls and then use a fork to form a crosshatch pattern by pressing down and then pressing again in the opposite direction.
Line your air fryer with an air fryer liner with breathing holes. Arrange the cookies in a single layer in your air fryer tray or basket and cook for 7 to 8 minutes. Make sure that you leave enough space between the cookies.
Cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
More Air Fryer Recipes to Try
- Air Fryer Tuna Steak
- Air Fryer Asparagus
- Homemade Pizza Pockets in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
Air Fryer Peanut Butter Cookies
- Air Fryer
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder in a medium bowl.
- In a stand mixer's bowl, beat the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar over medium speed until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the peanut butter and beat until incorporated.
- Scrape down the bowl, and add the egg and vanilla. Beat until incorporated.
- Add the flour mixture and process until just incorporated.
- Preheat your air fryer to 325° F.
- Roll the cookies into balls and place them in your air fryer, cooking in batches if necessary.
- Make a crosshatch design using a fork.
- Cook for 7 to 8 minutes, until golden.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes, and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.