Introducing the ultimate air fryer zucchini side dish that will revolutionize your meals in just 20 minutes! Using your air fryer, you'll achieve a perfectly crispy texture on the outside while preserving the tender goodness of the zucchini on the inside. In this quick and easy recipe, I'll walk you through the step-by-step process of creating this mouthwatering dish, which makes an ideal addition to any meal.
Today, I'm thrilled to introduce a game-changer in the world of side dishes.
Air Fryer Zucchini is the perfect way to elevate your meals and add a burst of flavor to your plate.
Whether you're a seasoned cook or someone who prefers simple yet flavorful recipes, this air fryer zucchini with parmesan is sure to impress.
- Avocado oil: I like to use a neutral-tasting oil for cooking this zucchini recipe in the air fryer. Olive oil, grapeseed oil, or vegetable oil can be used as alternatives.
- Fresh lemon juice: Adds tanginess and brightness to the dish. Bottled lemon juice or red wine vinegar can be used if fresh lemons are not available.
- Lemon zest: Provides a fragrant and citrusy flavor.
- Sea salt: Enhances the overall taste of the dish. Kosher salt or table salt can be used as alternatives.
- Black pepper: Adds a mild spiciness and depth of flavor.
- Zucchini: Choose small to medium zucchini for the best texture.
- Parmesan cheese: Adds a salty and nutty flavor. Grated Pecorino Romano can be used as a substitute for Parmesan cheese.
Step by Step
For the full zucchini air fryer recipe with measurements, see the recipe card at the end of the post.
Once cooked, transfer the zucchini to a serving dish and sprinkle it generously with cheese.
Tips & Tricks
- Choose the right zucchini: Look for firm zucchinis with smooth skin. Avoid ones that feel soft or have blemishes.
- Slice evenly: To ensure even cooking, slice the veggies into uniform thickness. This helps to achieve a consistent texture throughout.
- Preheat the air fryer: Always preheat your air fryer before cooking. This ensures that the zucchini cooks evenly and achieves a crispy exterior.
- Arrange in a single layer: Place the zucchini slices in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Overcrowding can lead to uneven cooking and result in soggy zucchini, so cook in batches if necessary.
- Serve immediately: Air fryer zucchini is best enjoyed right after cooking. Serve it hot and sprinkle with your favorite cheese for an extra burst of flavor. If you need to cook a bit before serving, you can keep them on a wire rack so they will stay as crisp and tender as possible.
- Experiment with seasonings: Feel free to get creative with seasonings. Add herbs like basil or thyme, or sprinkle some garlic powder or paprika for a different flavor profile.
- Pair with dipping sauce: Serve the air fryer zucchini with a tangy marinara sauce, homemade yogurt ranch dressing, or a garlic feta dip for an extra kick. (This is a great way to turn zucchini into a low carb snack!)
- Storage: Leftover zucchini will keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to three days. Reheat leftovers in the oven or air fryer for best results.
- Skillet Potatoes: Serve the Air Fryer Zucchini alongside some golden-brown skillet potatoes. The crispy zucchini pairs perfectly with the creamy and tender potatoes, creating a delightful combination of textures.
- Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad: Add a refreshing touch to your meal by serving the zucchini with a side of bacon ranch pasta salad. The cool and creamy flavors of the salad contrast beautifully with the warm and crunchy zucchini, creating a satisfying balance.
- Picanha Steak: If you're in the mood for a hearty main course, pair the Air Fryer Zucchini with succulent picanha steak. The tender, juicy steak complements the crispy zucchini, creating a dynamic and flavorful meal.
- Ninja Foodi Chicken Thighs: For a complete and protein-packed meal, serve the zucchini alongside Ninja Foodi chicken thighs.
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying sales.
Air Fryer Zucchini Side Dish
- Air Fryer
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound zucchini cut into half-moons
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, and pepper.
- Place the zucchini in the bowl and toss to coat.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 ° F.
- Arrange the zucchini in the air fryer basket in a single layer, cooking in batches as necessary.
- Cook for 10 to 13 minutes or until tender and lightly browned.
- Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with the cheese.