Looking for a super-easy crowd-pleasing recipe? Look no further than these Ninja Foodi Chicken Thighs! This recipe is perfect for busy weeknights when you want to serve something delicious and satisfying without spending hours in the kitchen. Give this recipe a try, and it is sure to become one of your go-to chicken recipes.
Cooking chicken thighs is something that happens a lot at my house, and air fryer chicken thighs in the Ninja Foodi are one of my favorite recipes.
The meat is cooked to perfection, with a flavorful seasoning blend that complements the juicy and tender chicken. Whether you're feeding a hungry family or hosting a party, this recipe is sure to be a hit.
So break out your Ninja Foodi and follow along. We are about to enjoy some seriously tasty chicken!
- Chicken: I used boneless skinless chicken thighs, but this recipe would work with chicken breasts. You could also use bone-in thighs. Just make sure you adjust the cooking time.
- Salt: Use one teaspoon of salt per pound of chicken. I used sea salt, but kosher salt is also a great option.
- Garlic Powder: This adds a nice flavor and aroma to the dish.
- Thyme (or Oregano): These herbs add flavor to the chicken. I used dried thyme, but fresh would work as well. If you want to use fresh herbs, I recommend a tablespoon that has been finely chopped.
- Smoked Paprika: This is what gives the chicken its smoky BBQ flavor.
- Turmeric: This adds a subtle earthy flavor to the dish.
- Chili Powder: This gives the chicken a nice kick of heat.
- Pepper: Freshly ground black pepper adds an extra layer of flavor to the dish.
Step by Step
For the full recipe for Ninja Foodi boneless chicken thighs with measurements, see the recipe card at the end of the post.
Start by patting the chicken dry with paper towels. This helps the seasoning to stick better and gives you a crisper texture when cooked.
Let the chicken rest for a few minutes before serving. This will allow the internal temperature to come up to the recommended 165° F.
- Make sure you don't overcrowd your Ninja Foodi. Cooking in batches is a must for making Ninja Foodi fried chicken thighs.
- Sprinkle some freshly chopped parsley and crushed red pepper flakes on top of the chicken for a pop of color and flavor.
- If you have time, plan ahead and season the chicken a day before you plan to cook it. This takes flavors to the next level!
- Lightly spray the chicken thighs with cooking oil just before cooking.
- Feel free to adjust the spice rub to change up the flavor profile. You could add brown sugar for a subtle kick of sweetness. Onion powder, lemon pepper seasoning, and BBQ seasoning are all great options.
- Make Ninja Foodi BBQ chicken thighs, by tossing the chicken thighs in BBQ sauce just before the final 5 minutes of cooking.
Air-fried chicken thighs can be made complete with the perfect side dishes.
If you’re looking for something unique, try air fryer tomatoes or slow cooker polenta.
With these sides added to air-fried chicken thighs, you’ll have an unforgettable meal that everyone will love!
Can I use this recipe to air fry bone-in chicken thighs?
Yes! You will need to increase the cook time to 25 to 30 minutes. Use an instant read thermometer to check for doneness.
Can I use frozen chicken thighs?
Yes, to make Ninja Foodi frozen chicken thighs, cook the chicken for about 15 minutes, and then season it. Cook for another 15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
How do I know when my chicken thighs are done cooking?
You’ll know your chicken thighs are done when a digital thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh reads 160°F. Allow them to rest for a few minutes before serving, which will help the internal temperature reach 165° F.
Can I use the pressure cooker function?
Yes, you can absolutely pressure cook chicken thighs.
You'll need to add liquid to the bottom of the pot - I recommend ¾ cup of chicken broth.
Cook them under pressure for 5 minutes, and then do an Instant release. If you want a little brown on them, use the saute function to sear them first.
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying sales.
- Ninja Foodi
- Instant Read Meat Thermometer
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to four days. You can reheat them in the oven, Ninja Foodi, or microwave.
More Ninja Foodi Recipes to Try
- When you need chicken wings that are nothing short of spectacular, don't miss these Ninja Foodi chicken wings.
- This Ninja Foodi turkey breast will have you wondering why you ever make turkey any other way.
- Ninja Foodi chicken breast is juicy, tender, and so delicious!
- You can never go wrong with this Ninja Food whole chicken.
25-Minute Ninja Foodi Chicken Thighs
- Ninja Foodi
- Pat the chicken thighs dry with paper towels.
- In a small bowl, mix together the salt, garlic powder, oregano, paprika, turmeric, chili powder, and ground pepper.
- Sprinkle the mixture on top of the chicken thighs. You can cook the thighs immediately, allow them to sit at room temperature for up to an hour, or refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat your Ninja Foodi to 375 ° F on Air Crisp.
- Cooking in batches, arrange the chicken in a single layer, being careful not to overcrowd.
- Cook for 8 minutes.
- Flip and cook for another 5 to 7 minutes, until a digital thermometer reads 160° F.
- Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving.